The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, Raithie said:

McGlynn in FFP has earmarked 2 players in Jan transfer window but remains tight lipped who they are. He has 2 specific players and if he could get them will be delighted.

Remember when he was "delighted" to have signed Mendy? Tracked him for months and even compared him to the likes of Marvin Andrews and Mark Campbell.

Glorious.

Edited by MethilMink

1 hour ago, MethilMink said:

Remember when he was "delighted" to have signed Mendy? Tracked him for months and even compared him to the likes of Marvin Andrews and Mark Campbell.

Glorious.

I still think Mendy will come good. He's getting game time at a good level playing beside an experienced player. He's raw but so was Marvin.

I still think Mendy will come good. He's getting game time at a good level playing beside an experienced player. He's raw but so was Marvin.
He's playing for Kelty Hearts in a pub league. It's miles away from what he'd be up against in our league.

He'll never make it and I hope we cut him loose at the earliest opportunity.

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He's playing for Kelty Hearts in a pub league. It's miles away from what he'd be up against in our league.

He'll never make it and I hope we cut him loose at the earliest opportunity.

I would hardly say they play in a league miles away from us. Cove, Edinburgh City and Kelty would all give us a good game. 

Cove and Edinburgh City aren't even in that league. Both of them would beat Kelty easily though.

He's playing for a team that are winning games by double figures some weeks. How is that preparation for coming back to us where he would need to be switched on at all times?

Victoria being linked with a return to Stranraer in January.

That would make sense. He’s not really done much in the games he’s played and it would free up a wage! I can see Baird being let go at the end of his short term deal too.

I wonder if Bowie will be sold as well?

7 hours ago, Jilted John said:

That would make sense. He’s not really done much in the games he’s played and it would free up a wage! I can see Baird being let go at the end of his short term deal too.

I wonder if Bowie will be sold as well?

I’d like to see Victoria in Baird’s role for a game or two before we dump Joao, and Baird needs let go.

Selling Bowie without knowing if Smith can possibly fill in would be foolish, but it is the Rovers...

I'd suggest that unless there is a clause in the contract forbidding us from recalling Mendy, the fact that we haven't done so says a lot about what he can offer us. We are stuck badly for defenders currently and didn't recall him - that tells its own story. 

Not sure about Victoria. Another one of our injury victims, but doesn't look like McGlynn rates him that highly. If that's the case may be better he moves on although I'd prefer if we could give him more of a chance. Certainly others that I would prefer left ahead of him. 

30 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I'd suggest that unless there is a clause in the contract forbidding us from recalling Mendy, the fact that we haven't done so says a lot about what he can offer us. We are stuck badly for defenders currently and didn't recall him - that tells its own story. 

Not sure about Victoria. Another one of our injury victims, but doesn't look like McGlynn rates him that highly. If that's the case may be better he moves on although I'd prefer if we could give him more of a chance. Certainly others that I would prefer left ahead of him. 

SFA rules on transfers seem to suggest he’d only be recallable with consent from all parties, and Kelty seem plenty happy. For us, he’s looking good two leagues below us, and that doesn’t suggest the risk of recalling him now is worth it, in my opinion.  If he’s not learning enough there, maybe see about a second half loan to a League Two side? If we’re gonna try to develop him, sitting him on our bench isn’t the answer.