The New Raith Rovers Thread

59 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Strangely enough another player committed a stupid foul that didnt need to be made against Airdrie resulting in a 2 game suspension putting the team in a very difficult position this Saturday and next but lets skirt over that

Equally theres fans in the South Stand who let the clib,players and other fans down by thinking its alright to boo one of their own players when he came on as a sub on Saturday

Matthews doesn't have the history Davo has of senseless red cards 

Equally, there was a fan couple of rows in front of me that gave Davo a standing ovation upon getting sent off last Saturday. The very same fan boo'd Allen coming onto the park 

Mentalist

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Strangely enough another player committed a stupid foul that didnt need to be made against Airdrie resulting in a 2 game suspension putting the team in a very difficult position this Saturday and next but lets skirt over that

Equally theres fans in the South Stand who let the clib,players and other fans down by thinking its alright to boo one of their own players when he came on as a sub on Saturday

The difference is he doesn't get booked for dissent every week and never learns from his continual stupidity. How many times has Davo been sent off it's a joke. He needs to be punished by  the club. Hes the senior player but I would have him cleaning boots etc. In the summer I for one hope he goes and his wages freed up to bring in a  centre half with a better attitude. 

Some absolutely wild stuff here.

A man who misses 6 games from 20, and about 60 mins from two of the remaining 14, as a result of getting red cards deserves criticism. If Kieran MacDonald had come in as a new signing and done that people would be spitting feathers.

Davidson deserves all the criticism he gets, and I don’t imagine it’s anything that hasn’t already been said in the dressing room. It’s unacceptable.

Matthews getting sent off isn’t ideal, but to some degree shit happens. The game had went crazy and we were clinging on. Literally his first career red card. They’re not equivalent scenarios.

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

This is quite possibly the weirdest case of false equivalence I’ve ever seen, with regard to Matthews vs Davo.

1 hour ago, pantene proV said:

Matthews doesn't have the history Davo has of senseless red cards 

Equally, there was a fan couple of rows in front of me that gave Davo a standing ovation upon getting sent off last Saturday. The very same fan boo'd Allen coming onto the park 

Mentalist

Davos senseless red cards are not in question 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

The difference is he doesn't get booked for dissent every week and never learns from his continual stupidity. How many times has Davo been sent off it's a joke. He needs to be punished by  the club. Hes the senior player but I would have him cleaning boots etc. In the summer I for one hope he goes and his wages freed up to bring in a  centre half with a better attitude. 

Thats not in question either but Matthews has let us down for the next two weeks,Davidson for the next four

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This is quite possibly the weirdest case of false equivalence I’ve ever seen, with regard to Matthews vs Davo.

Nothing weird at al,relevant to  the post i quoted.Might be difficult for you.Both players are suspended for equally stupid tackles

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I may have been a tad harsh on davo in the past. I completely agree he's had a good season thus far, apart from his stupid red cards and suspensions. If your keeping an experienced player in the side then it's not so he can do things inexperienced players do. His good season appears to be largely to do with having a bigger talker beside him in sando, who has a few times called him out for his mistakes, which have went by without being called out in the past.

On Matthews letting the club down for the next couple of games, while that's true, as others have said it isn't a regular occurrence with him and he isn't a former club captain or vice captain.

5 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Nothing weird at al,relevant to  the post i quoted.Might be difficult for you.Both players are suspended for equally stupid tackles

Right, let’s compare apples to apples:

Davo has/will miss almost 7 games from 2 reds, out of 20...that’s roughly 33% games missed. Davo has 4 yellows toward his next suspension too. Davo has 18 yellows and 2 reds the last seasons..

Matthews will miss 2 of 18 games...that’s an 11% rate. Ross has 2 yellows so far. Matthews has 12 yellows the last two seasons.

Simple math says that 22>14 and 4>1 by significant margins. Matthews challenge was rash, but if the club was in a better financial position, an appeal might well have succeeded. Davo get his first red for his mouth and added to this one with his mouth. To paraphrase a saying, “£100,000 feet, £0.00 brain”.

In my opinion, Davo had the potential to play at top level, but his emotions stopped him from making it. Top level players have to be able to bottle that frustration and use it, not spew it forth.

Right, let’s compare apples to apples:
Davo has/will miss almost 7 games from 2 reds, out of 20...that’s roughly 33% games missed. Davo has 4 yellows toward his next suspension too. Davo has 18 yellows and 2 reds the last seasons..
Matthews will miss 2 of 18 games...that’s an 11% rate. Ross has 2 yellows so far. Matthews has 12 yellows the last two seasons.
Simple math says that 22>14 and 4>1 by significant margins. Matthews challenge was rash, but if the club was in a better financial position, an appeal might well have succeeded. Davo get his first red for his mouth and added to this one with his mouth. To paraphrase a saying, “£100,000 feet, £0.00 brain”.
In my opinion, Davo had the potential to play at top level, but his emotions stopped him from making it. Top level players have to be able to bottle that frustration and use it, not spew it forth.
Davo started his career at sunderland? Iirc. He's played in the top level in Scotland with Dundee. His talent isn't in question. He does openly admit to being a midfielder rather than a cb aswell. His rashness and at times stupidity on the pitch is the problem.

But let's all shut up about that nonsense, it's game day soon. Let's get behind the players...

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Davo started his career at sunderland? Iirc. He's played in the top level in Scotland with Dundee. His talent isn't in question. He does openly admit to being a midfielder rather than a cb aswell. His rashness and at times stupidity on the pitch is the problem.

But let's all shut up about that nonsense, it's game day soon. Let's get behind the players...

I missed the top level with Dundee, thought that was Championship. Thanks for the correction, seriously.

As for the game, hopefully the shivering hordes can see a nice, tight game and a gratifying result for the Rovers!

Edited by TxRover

19 minutes ago, grumswall said:

This

hallelujha

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Can’t believe people are still saying they wish he was gone after a couple of red cards. In recent weeks, he’s probably been the best Rovers player on the park IMO. And like everyone else, I wanted him away in the summer.

Last weekend was the best Rovers game for excitement that I’ve been at in a very long time. The cause of that started with Davo’s red card.

Had Davo stayed on the park then it wouldn’t have been that exciting and we’d have probably conceded in an open game. He gets sent off, gets the crowd proper going then we turn into brick walls and Airdrie probably still wouldn’t score if we were still playing.

Was it ideal, that he got sent off? No but had that not happened, I don’t think we’d have seen out that game if I’m honest.

Up there with one of the stupidest posts I’ve ever seen on this forum.

Benedictus suspended for two games now. 

Another senior player and the club captain to boot letting us down. What the actual hell is wrong with our senior players? 

S. Anderson better be back next week or f**k knows who will be partnering McKay at the back. 

Edited by Michael W

Apparently we're signing Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts under 20s goalkeeper next week and not loaning him back as we'd be unable to use him. Wonder if that means Munro will be back to County in January with the new goalkeeper backup to Thomson presuming he's fit?

Apparently we're signing Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts under 20s goalkeeper next week and not loaning him back as we'd be unable to use him. Wonder if that means Munro will be back to County in January with the new goalkeeper backup to Thomson presuming he's fit?
Makes sense. It's hard to justify having 3 keepers who could all arguably be no1. Hopefully be able to use the money elsewhere to improve the squad.