The New Raith Rovers Thread

some of the abuse here towards Davo is probably merited - he'd had a fantastic game on Saturday until the challenge - he was late and high - guess what - it happens far too often! He needs to get over himself

Fixed that for you.

some of the abuse here towards Davo is ridiculous - he'd had a fantastic game on Saturday until the challenge - he was late and high - guess what - it happens! Get over yourselves.

Totally agree been our best defender this season by far and a great servant to the club over the years, people really need to get a grip

2 hours ago, Hottoddy22 said:

Totally agree been our best defender this season by far and a great servant to the club over the years, people really need to get a grip

It doesn't ofset the idiocy he's shown with his hot-headed behavior. As noted, he's now going to have missed 6 games of 20, plus a portion of two others. Basically he's playing about two thirds of the time because he can't shut his mouth and stop hammering people. Does he get paid while suspended? If he does, he just raised his pay by about 50% per actual game played. A good servent of the club would not fly off the handle and get sent off in the manner that Davo has repeatedly done, leaving the club in the lurch. He's spent 5 games suspended the last few years, and has already topped that this year, and has four yellows already toward his next vacation.

Hendry is back in training and all going well will be available for selection next week. Vaughan has ended up going to another surgeon and has had his knee operation. This surgeon believes that he won't need another op and his timescale is now back to the original 9 months so he should be due to come back around August/September next season.

The bad news is that Miller's injury is the same knee he previously did his cruciate on so the club are being extra cautious about his recovery.

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Yeah that's not good on Miller. If we could at least get Anderson back then we will have cover provided no one else gets sent off or injured. But the last thing you want is him coming back and getting a long term injury. 

Positive news on Hendry, but I do hope we aren't rushing things! 

Edited by Michael W

23 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

some of the abuse here towards Davo is ridiculous - he'd had a fantastic game on Saturday until the challenge - he was late and high - guess what - it happens! Get over yourselves.

Sorry it's not he continually let's himself, the team and fans down. How many times does he get booked for opening his mouth an experienced player should learn to shut up. How many times does he get sent off, the only saving grace is it never cost us the game on Saturday. He's now put the team in a very difficult position especially when we are probably playing our main rivals for the league this Saturday. A stupid foul that didn't need to be made. I hoped he would leave the club last summer and I again hope he is let go this summer.

I’ve been told Davo signed on reduced terms and in the expectation of being more of a back up this season. Obviously the loss of Murray and the rawness (putting it kindly) of Mendy have meant he has ended up being a regular again.

When he’s been on the pitch he’s been excellent this season. I wouldn’t of minded him going at the end of last season but based on his performances so far (since East Fife away) we would have been unlikely to get anyone better on the same wage and I’m glad he’s stayed.

However, it was absolute stupidity on Saturday, it was a tackle that didn’t need making. His sending off at Peterhead was totally needless also so he deserves all the stick coming his way. Gary Neville said earlier this season that Granit Xhaka was the least experienced, experienced player he’d ever watched. That’s how I feel watching Davo. He is never going to learn which is a shame. I still think the good has outweighed the bad this season though, just about. 

Can’t believe people are still saying they wish he was gone after a couple of red cards. In recent weeks, he’s probably been the best Rovers player on the park IMO. And like everyone else, I wanted him away in the summer.

Last weekend was the best Rovers game for excitement that I’ve been at in a very long time. The cause of that started with Davo’s red card.

Had Davo stayed on the park then it wouldn’t have been that exciting and we’d have probably conceded in an open game. He gets sent off, gets the crowd proper going then we turn into brick walls and Airdrie probably still wouldn’t score if we were still playing.

Was it ideal, that he got sent off? No but had that not happened, I don’t think we’d have seen out that game if I’m honest.

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Can’t believe people are still saying they wish he was gone after a couple of red cards. In recent weeks, he’s probably been the best Rovers player on the park IMO. And like everyone else, I wanted him away in the summer.

Last weekend was the best Rovers game for excitement that I’ve been at in a very long time. The cause of that started with Davo’s red card.

Had Davo stayed on the park then it wouldn’t have been that exciting and we’d have probably conceded in an open game. He gets sent off, gets the crowd proper going then we turn into brick walls and Airdrie probably still wouldn’t score if we were still playing.

Was it ideal, that he got sent off? No but had that not happened, I don’t think we’d have seen out that game if I’m honest.

Is the new tactic to be, if we're doing well, subby Davo, that way we'll win the game?

23 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Sorry it's not he continually let's himself, the team and fans down. How many times does he get booked for opening his mouth an experienced player should learn to shut up. How many times does he get sent off, the only saving grace is it never cost us the game on Saturday. He's now put the team in a very difficult position especially when we are probably playing our main rivals for the league this Saturday. A stupid foul that didn't need to be made. I hoped he would leave the club last summer and I again hope he is let go this summer.

Strangely enough another player committed a stupid foul that didnt need to be made against Airdrie resulting in a 2 game suspension putting the team in a very difficult position this Saturday and next but lets skirt over that

Equally theres fans in the South Stand who let the clib,players and other fans down by thinking its alright to boo one of their own players when he came on as a sub on Saturday

Not sure if serious.

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Fucking hell, the state of this. 

You want Davo to stay so he can help team by NOT playing? So we can get clean sheets without him? 

giphy.gif