The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 04/12/2019 at 00:04, Grant228 said:

If he leaves in January we'll get a decent wedge for him, Shankland last January showed that teams aren't willing to spend big bucks on a championship striker though. 

I'd imagine if we don't get promoted he'll move on up, if that happens he'll have given us a good season so no complaints, we'll just pick up whatever striker is banging them in down the road, easy. 

Bowie hates the pars so gl with that.

On 04/12/2019 at 12:23, Grant228 said:

I don't think you had an option, you can't put sell on fee's for players that are effectively free to move on. Realistically it was good business by Raith to pick him up last season, don't think anyone saw his upturn coming. Apart from Barry Smith apparently. 

It's a shame we've not been able to see the best of Murray, picked up a nasty head injury. 

No, probably not. So we'd be talking a fee in the region of £30k which I suppose isn't bad for an out of contract League 1 striker. At least we've got the cash in our account...

If he keeps banging them in it might prove a shrewd investment by you lot too. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

But he wasn't out of contract was he?

Pretty sure he was going to be out of contract but signed a new deal., however that deal had the clause about not being promoted. Rovers were on a lose lose scenario really., unless of course we had got promoted

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

And that retro top is just an absolute fucking belter. Fair play Rovers. 

I'm getting mine delivered, take it I won't be disappointed?

Next week is an interesting one, Falkirk despite ditching the snake oil salesman they are still a mess, its must win for them. We are absolutely fucked with injuries, suspensions and playing shite yet have some kind of witchcraft behind us meaning we are unbeaten.

It's a massive game for Falkirk.

I'm getting mine delivered, take it I won't be disappointed?
Next week is an interesting one, Falkirk despite ditching the snake oil salesman they are still a mess, its must win for them. We are absolutely fucked with injuries, suspensions and playing shite yet have some kind of witchcraft behind us meaning we are unbeaten.
It's a massive game for Falkirk.
They're very well done. Picked mine up through the week.

So, what are the choices for Falkirk? It seems likely we have to do 4 in back...Watson/McKay/Bene/MacDonald. So then, do we play three of four in the middle? Maybe GAndo/Tait/Spencer/Dingwall, and tell Spencer to shade deeper, but stay out of a narrow diamond? The other option might be Gullan or Baird in place of Tait. I think we need the width of four with only four in the back, so we probably shouldn’t play three in the middle. That leaves two spots up top...Bowie, if healthy, is a lock. The other could be whichever of Baird or Gullan doesn’t play mid, or Baird because he rested against Airdrie and Gullan played? Otherwise, it could be Allan or Victoria matched with Bowie. It’s not the game for Smith, but he needs some game time, and Bowie needs some rest too.

So, what are the choices for Falkirk? It seems likely we have to do 4 in back...Watson/McKay/Bene/MacDonald. So then, do we play three of four in the middle? Maybe GAndo/Tait/Spencer/Dingwall, and tell Spencer to shade deeper, but stay out of a narrow diamond? The other option might be Gullan or Baird in place of Tait. I think we need the width of four with only four in the back, so we probably shouldn’t play three in the middle. That leaves two spots up top...Bowie, if healthy, is a lock. The other could be whichever of Baird or Gullan doesn’t play mid, or Baird because he rested against Airdrie and Gullan played? Otherwise, it could be Allan or Victoria matched with Bowie. It’s not the game for Smith, but he needs some game time, and Bowie needs some rest too.

IMG_0129.jpg TxRover sitting with his tactics board in his basement haha.

TxRover is the kind of guy who has an itinerary for going to Tesco!
"I'd prefer to have fresh peas, but if they don't have any I'll get frozen peas. Not ideal but we can make do. Failing that we can get beans, or play Tait in the there as an attacking mid."

Let’s hope he doesn’t play Allan who is a total waste of a jersey, would like to see Victoria given his chance

Let’s hope he doesn’t play Allan who is a total waste of a jersey, would like to see Victoria given his chance

Anyone who’s not injured or suspended will probably start next game. We may need to field a couple of training cones too just to get eleven. Aye wouldn’t mind seeing a bit more of Victoria and quite like Gullan and Bowie as the front men, Baird and Allan just not doing it for whatever reason. Frustrating as Baird has done nothing but score against us since he left but can’t seem to buy a goal at the moment.

Agreed. All Allan managed to do when he came on yesterday was give the ball away in the run up to Matthews' sending off.
Victoria looked lively and at the very least is a better option off the bench than Allan is.

Would be surprised if it was anything other than Watson for Davo and a straight swap with Tait and Matthews. Tait is obviously more attacking than Matthews but anyone we bring in would be unless Miller can make a miraculous recovery. McGlynn showed when Spencer was suspended he’s quite happy to start Tait in there.

Watson plays unless we keep McKay (a CB) out at RB and play someone out of position alongside Bene. Doing so does not make sense  and the only real option is to go with the back four that finished yesterday. 

I worry Falkirk will spend the entire match going down our right, but we'll just have to deal with that since we have been left short.