The New Raith Rovers Thread

With Nisbet now banging in the goals for Pars, was the compensation issue ever sorted. ?

i remember at the time it was reported the Clubs couldn’t agree a fee but I’ve seen nothing since and I don’t think there has been a tribunal.

i would have thought Raith would be due a wee wedge.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

With Nisbet now banging in the goals for Pars, was the compensation issue ever sorted. ?

i remember at the time it was reported the Clubs couldn’t agree a fee but I’ve seen nothing since and I don’t think there has been a tribunal.

i would have thought Raith would be due a wee wedge.

The date for the tribunal has passed, rumour at the time is that we waived some money that Raith were due us from the Scottish Cup from last season.

It was never going to be a large amount, good bit of business by us getting him without a sell on fee. 

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Incredible achievement. Afterwards did any Raith fans have a footballing hangover? In the sense we're you aware that was as good as you were ever likely to get etc? 

Also thanks for Nesbit, no idea how much we paid for him but it was worth it, absolutely player x

Thanks for the Euan Murray money. Effectively replacing him with Steven Anderson is excellent business also, everyone wins. 

Edited by CALDERON

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The date for the tribunal has passed, rumour at the time is that we waived some money that Raith were due us from the Scottish Cup from last season.

It was never going to be a large amount, good bit of business by us getting him without a sell on fee. 

Will we ever learn  🙄

4 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Will we ever learn  🙄

I don't think you had an option, you can't put sell on fee's for players that are effectively free to move on. Realistically it was good business by Raith to pick him up last season, don't think anyone saw his upturn coming. Apart from Barry Smith apparently. 

13 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Thanks for the Euan Murray money. Effectively replacing him with Steven Anderson is excellent business also, everyone wins. 

It's a shame we've not been able to see the best of Murray, picked up a nasty head injury. 

Incredible achievement. Afterwards did any Raith fans have a footballing hangover? In the sense we're you aware that was as good as you were ever likely to get etc? 

Being 14 at the time I was naive enough to think it would always be that good.
I’d been going to almost every game for 4 seasons by that time and I’d seen them win two titles, a league cup and play in the premier league.

If only I’d known what the next 25years would bring I would have appreciated it more [emoji849]

11 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Hmm, I've yet to see the evidence of that. Not anymore solid at the back and lost a significant goal threat from Murray. 

7 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Hmm, I've yet to see the evidence of that. Not anymore solid at the back and lost a significant goal threat from Murray. 

Much more solid at the back, we've already kept more clean sheets than we did the whole of last season. 

McDonald is a better left back than Murray and Anderson is a better centre back. We don't miss him. 

Edited by CALDERON

Anderson has had about two decent games but has been shite since we played Clyde. Put a tricky striker against him and he can’t cope.

As for Nisbet, good luck to him. Didn’t think he would have done as well as he has in the championship. Had he still been with us, we probably wouldn’t have seen Bowie develop as well as he has. Ziggy will go on to have a far better career than Nesbit will.

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Anderson has had about two decent games but has been shite since we played Clyde. Put a tricky striker against him and he can’t cope.

As for Nisbet, good luck to him. Didn’t think he would have done as well as he has in the championship. Had he still been with us, we probably wouldn’t have seen Bowie develop as well as he has. Ziggy will go on to have a far better career than Nesbit will.

Disagree on SAndo, agree heartily on Bowie. SAndo has injected a level of stiffness to our back line that was missing before. Davo is less vocal, and overall a wee bit more controlled. McKay is clearly benefiting , as it seems are the others, from SAndo’s professionalism. He’s certainly pushed on skill and pace by some attackers in League One, as would be expected with an aging player, but offers the team so much more than that.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Dunfermline on a poor run of form...don’t hear a peep from them.

Dunfermline on a good run of form...they pop in here.

Last time I looked they were a massive 3 points clear off seventh place and a whopping 8 off the play-off place, give it a fortnight 😉.

Retro tops available for collection but nothing about being able to be collected on Saturday :/

They’ll be hoping as many people as possible collect before Saturday as the staff have other things to be doing on matchday.

Just hoping to ease the queues/workload I’m sure.

15 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Much more solid at the back, we've already kept more clean sheets than we did the whole of last season. 

McDonald is a better left back than Murray and Anderson is a better centre back. We don't miss him. 

Not quite. We've had 4 clean sheets with Anderson have we not? 5 in the whole of last season (though we will assume we will end up with more this season). 

Season before we had 14 clean sheets and I'm not gonna admit we'll reach that figure this season. 

You're right - Mcdonald is a better left back but that wasn't my point. 

We are 4 goals better off in the conceded column than last season after 15 games but 4 goals worse off than the season before so to me that shows we're no better at this stage than the median over the seasons with Murray in defence. 

Murray scored 7 league goals over last 2 seasons - not too bad. 

Edited by pantene proV