The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well, with 1.3 recent games of seeing it, McKay simply isn’t cut out as a WB at this level. We either need to play Watson there and leave McKay on the bench, or use McKay to rest Davo/Bene/SAndo so they survive the season. If Watson can’t do it, maybe try GAndo again?
Is there a better solution...

If you think McKay isn’t cut out for this level wait until you see Watson.

Well, at some point we need to find out, preferably before Jan.

Not that I’m defending McGlynn playing McKay in that position we’ve not lost a game with him there nor has he produced a Mendy’esque level of diddy type performance....yet.

49 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Not that I’m defending McGlynn playing McKay in that position we’ve not lost a game with him there nor has he produced a Mendy’esque level of diddy type performance....yet.

True, but with tough games coming up, we still don’t know if Watson or Smith can play at this level, we have some idea on Tait. This is critical data before January.

As for now, if SAndo is nicked, we need to pray Miller is back next weekend, or we’re really in the rough. Anyone know why he was subbed at the half?

That's the 3rd game we've been absolutely shite in and we haven't lost one of them or conceded a single goal. Some would say that's the sign of a team that could go all the way.

We certainly have a truly bizarre correlation between being utterly shite and suddenly not conceding goals.

Today was actually our third 1-0 away win of the season. We only managed one clean sheet on the road all of last season (the 2-0 v Arbroath at Christmas).

So while performances aren’t great at the moment, you’d certainly have to say John McGlynn has addressed many of the issues of last season.

Any of you know what the deal with Ando is in terms of the loan agreement?

It seems virtually certain we should be trying to get him back in January, if its possible, despite the fact hes almost finished at top flight level.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Any of you know what the deal with Ando is in terms of the loan agreement?
It seems virtually certain we should be trying to get him back in January, if its possible, despite the fact hes almost finished at top flight level.

Season long loan, no chance of recall or termination.

6 minutes ago, RaithTheRover said:

Season long loan, no chance of recall or termination.

Has that been confirmed anywhere? Rules just say recall clauses are just done on a deal by deal basis, and I cant remember it ever being mentioned if it was in his deal.

Although I see you confirmed you've paid money as part of the deal up front, which will mean we cant force it through.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If we’ve paid cash as part of the deal then there’s no way we’d have agreed to a clause where he can be recalled.

Aye just noticed the cash thing, which would surely mean its entirely in your hands.

I know you lads talk about Vaughan to Dumbarton as a horrendous deal, but if we can't get Anderson back our Summer business will have been even worse. We literally sold all four experienced defenders we had and replaced them with one kid with no senior games.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye just noticed the cash thing, which would surely mean its entirely in your hands.

I know you lads talk about Vaughan to Dumbarton as a horrendous deal, but if we can't get Anderson back our Summer business will have been even worse. We literally sold all four experienced defenders we had and replaced them with one kid with no senior games.

Honestly, SAndo is surviving at League One level because of his experience. He’s a magnificent addition for us for the experience/knowledge/tactics he brings, but he’s looked pretty rough the last couple of games. I suspect he needs a break from the starting every game because he’s pretty much worn his body out. Even if you got him back, I don’t think he’d work for you. None of this is a shot at SAndo, who has been the consummate professional at Raith, and worth every penny and more. 

25 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Honestly, SAndo is surviving at League One level because of his experience. He’s a magnificent addition for us for the experience/knowledge/tactics he brings, but he’s looked pretty rough the last couple of games. I suspect he needs a break from the starting every game because he’s pretty much worn his body out. Even if you got him back, I don’t think he’d work for you. None of this is a shot at SAndo, who has been the consummate professional at Raith, and worth every penny and more. 

You wouldn't be saying this if you knew how bad our defence is. Anderson on one leg would be better than Wallace Duffy.