The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

Someone mentioned there are 500 shirts dont know how informed they are? However with a 1300 crowd today I somehow doubt half of them tried to order a shirt so those that want one should get one online.

This is quite probable.

38 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Changing the subject slightly but what on earth has happened to Dan Armstrong since he came back? Apart from that free kick against Falkirk he’s done nothing and looks disinterested.

He's been a bit of a disappointment in my opinion too. There was a flash of the old Armstrong in the first half today in their penalty box but that was about it. I saw Bene (I think) bawling at him too.

It was only in the 'office' Club Shop they were on sale. 

Are you joking? Can you read?

We've established it was only in the main stand shop. If it was also on sale in the south stand shop, a tally sheet wouldn't have helped.

Changing the subject slightly but what on earth has happened to Dan Armstrong since he came back? Apart from that free kick against Falkirk he’s done nothing and looks disinterested.
He's been awful. It's like playing with ten men with him in the team. Unfortunately Dingwall is no better. Gullan returning will hopefully see him consigned to the bench.

2 hours ago, Frank conner said:

Bring back Mendy from Kelty and play him up front can he really be worse than Allan?

The Kelty folks say he's steadily developing over there...given his physical abilities, we might have a nice present for next season. I expect they'll renew the loan for the spring, cause he's a starter there, and the games have to be helping.

The Press reported that Arsenal and Dundee Utd were watching Bowie yesterday. It would be interesting what sort of money we would get if a big team from down south came in for him. We won’t have any chance of getting out of this league without him and Vaughan though!

Dundee Utd cant afford him! None of them can he’s already priced out with their budgets.

I think Ziggy will be going south when the time comes, he’s attracting a lot of interest from down south and financially that rules out every club in Scotland. This isn’t a David Bates scenario either as far as I know Rangers/Celtic aren’t the only club he ever wanted to play for,  like his grandfather Joker he’s a Rovers fan, and so he has already achieved that particular life’s ambition. Next stop English league and International honours.

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I think we need to hold out and get a deal like Hamilton and Falkirk have got. Maybe just maybe enough to clear our debts. Get him playing, scoring and hopefully u19s Scotland and U21s and his value will rocket.

Hamilton managed to give the thick end of £1M to a Nigerian Prince and Falkirk as a club have imploded financially in recent years, is this the pattern you are seeking?

Let’s not put pressure on Bowie, players have broken through at far higher levels than Scottish League 1 and wound up doing nothing in the game.

He was in the FFP last week saying he and McGlynn had agreed 100 games for the Rovers was a reasonable first step before considering a move. Let’s see where we’re at after that.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

How much money do you think we can realistically expect to get for a player on an apprentice contract?

I'd expect around about the £200,000 to £250,000 mark, with some delicious add on too! (unlike Bates and Callaghan's transfers)

Yes Ziggy signed as an apprentice in the summer (along with Tait, Smith and Watson) but has since been awarded an enhanced contract (mostly to protect the club from derisory offers). All of which is pretty irrelevant as the interest in him continues to develop so does his price tag. I know he is already already out of Dundee Utd and any other club in Scotlands price league as I cant see them matching the above valuation, I also don't see the club selling him on the cheap, they have a prime asset and want to maximise the potential sale value, that all spells a sale to an English money with more money to speculate with than an SPL or L1 side north of the border. 

Rovers may need money (we always will) but the board know the value and potential value and as there isn't (to the best of my knowledge) a BIG creditor battering any doors down at SP just now, therefor I'm fairly confident the club will be happy to be biding their time to maximise any deal  to the best ends for both club and player, and that will mean a big offer well in excess of anything even Celtic would be willing to offer.

20 minutes ago, Paco said:

Let’s not put pressure on Bowie, players have broken through at far higher levels than Scottish League 1 and wound up doing nothing in the game.

He was in the FFP last week saying he and McGlynn had agreed 100 games for the Rovers was a reasonable first step before considering a move. Let’s see where we’re at after that.

It'd be nice not to put extra pressure on him but regardless about what we say on here I think the media will do what they do anyway and in any case the lad himself already knows there is a lot of interest in him, so far he seems to be taking it all in his stride. His mum, dad and grandad will keep his feet firmly planted from what I've seen so far.

I think I'm right in saying that so far he has  played around 20 1st team games for the club and has an almost 1 in 2 goal to game ratio in all 1st team games. I think he will finish this season with us and it will be as top scorer but I seriously doubt he will still be here to make 50 appearances for us let alone 100 before someone steps in with an offer that neither club nor player can resist.