The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Right enough! 🤦🏻‍♂️

You are nearly right enough actually.

It was at SP that Vaughan 1st fecked his knee and also where Hendry picked up his current injury, saying that LV's 1st ACL was obviously on the Starks Park grass.

On 10/11/2019 at 21:12, steakngravy said:

I take it Scary Bear wasn't at the game otherwise we would have had his opinion on the game,but there again does he not base them on watching the recorded highlights.:thumsup2

Away and make some pies gadge. I saw the goals on Facebook. Good goals.

Unsurprised to read this. 
For the benefit of us who couldn't make it, what was he saying/doing? 
If I didnt know he was a recovered alcoholic I'd have said he was blootered. All over the place with his stories, losing track and stopping mid flow a few times. His journey is an interesting one and his work now is worthy, and he did tell us, in too much detail sometimes for a family show (eg phoning his crack addict wife and asking her to come home because he wanted to piss on her) about how low he had been. But he wanted to talk about football. Except every time Bill Leckie tried, Tony turned it back to his low he had been and what an effect it had had. Threw in a few too many billy big time stats and stories too, suggesting to the audience at one point, "You might want to clap that." I didn't. A couple of anti Scottish jibes too. Know your audience Tony. Jan Molby was better and definitely more interesting but both were poor compared others who have gone before. Also very little chat with those on stage. Good wee chat with Lewis Vaughan and then Sinky & Dair on the cup final, but no chat with McGlynn, nothing from current players and v little from former players. New production team - it showed.

Completely agree with Brashy’s assessment. Also thought it was poor from the crowd the amount of times mobile phones went off, despite a reminder at the interval. I was surprised to hear that it’s going ahead next year. I think it needs a wee break. You know we are struggling for people when folk like Alan Crow are getting awards!

For anyone wondering where to take in the Cyprus v Scotland at 2pm on Saturday, I've heard a rumor that either the Raith suit or the 200 club will be open to all. I'd guess if it's right then it'll appear on social media soon.

For anyone wondering where to take in the Cyprus v Scotland at 2pm on Saturday, I've heard a rumor that either the Raith suit or the 200 club will be open to all. I'd guess if it's right then it'll appear on social media soon.

If this is to be true, great wee initiative by the club to get money in.
It’s like this where the club needs a social club of sort where the Champions League/international games are shown so folks can go there to watch it, and spend money that’s going directly in to the club.

Agree about last nights Hall of Fame. Tony Adams was a let down. Yes interesting to hear about his struggles, but would have been good to hear some football stories. Everytime Bill Leckie tried to ask he changed it back to his drinking problem. Maybe he should get tips from Dean Saunders. Jan Molby much better but lacked a little humour.

Best speaker on stage was Davie Sinclair for me he showed his love and passion for the club and added some humour. 

The Raith Suite will be open from noon on Saturday for fans to watch the Scotland v Cyprus game. Kick off is at 2pm.
If you are considering going down to the pub to watch this then come along to Stark's Park and support Scotland and at the same time support the Rovers!!
Let's get the Raith Suite buzzing with anticipation of a Scotland win.
Free pies at half time!!
So what's not to like. Scotland on the telly. Cheap beer in the Raith Suite and free pies at half time.
You would be mad to go anywhere else!!!
😀😀😀

Edited by lellywong

2 hours ago, lellywong said:

The Raith Suite will be open from noon on Saturday for fans to watch the Scotland v Cyprus game. Kick off is at 2pm.

So what's not to like. Scotland on the telly. Cheap beer in the Raith Suite and free pies at half time.
😀😀😀

All Scotland fans not just Raith fans I guess but what about my mate Nico from Kebas R us?

5 hours ago, lellywong said:

If you are considering down to the pub to watch this then come along to Stark's Park and support Scotland and at the same time support the Rovers!!
Let's get the Raith Suite buzzing with anticipation of a Scotland win.
Free pies at half time!!
😀😀😀

Will wave to you all from Cyprus.

25 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Club before country every day of the week

It's a common idea and each to their own (in other circumstances I'd be watching the Cyprus 1st half then the Raith game), if those Raith fans of that ideal aren't going to be watching it at all then fine.  But if they are going to the pub then surely by coming to the club to watch it instead would be helping the club finances and not some local pub.

Even more reason to support the club financially in this given that due to having this televised Friday night cup tie we are losing out on both attendance and hospitality that would otherwise have had with a bigger gate at 3pm on Saturday versus Forfar instead of a Tuesday night later in the month.