The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, grumswall said:
11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Just seen it on the match thread. Great stuff. Maybe we can still do this yet.

There isn't really a standout team so far so there's no reason we can't go on and do it. Just need mcglynn to stop trying to be too smart with his formations/ tactics etc

Keep the 3 at the back, it has done wonders, regardless of who plays in it or in front of it.

Excellent news about Hendry especially with a couple of cup games using up the time as well. 

I’ve watched the highlights 3 times now and I’d say that was an accomplished performance. Just totally baffles me that we can’t take that belief on the road. Also watching Bairdy and Greg shooting the breeze on an interview was sublime. Two guys that definitely enjoyed their time together at the club. We need characters like that in the dressing room. Mon Gregory, it’s time. It’s time.

Tade is a real character and a great guy but I don’t think he’s what we need just now. As a footballer, he was all pace and power but technically pretty poor. I can only assume with age and injury that his pace will have dropped.

As an aside, what a player Brad Spencer is becoming. I think some of what he does goes unnoticed. The amount of times he wins the ball back in the middle of the park and sets up an attack is tremendous. He’s my POTY so far!

Tade is a real character and a great guy but I don’t think he’s what we need just now. As a footballer, he was all pace and power but technically pretty poor. I can only assume with age and injury that his pace will have dropped.

As an aside, what a player Brad Spencer is becoming. I think some of what he does goes unnoticed. The amount of times he wins the ball back in the middle of the park and sets up an attack is tremendous. He’s my POTY so far!
Tade had a great scoring record in Romania and still has all the physical attributes. You would hope he's a much more well rounded player and finisher having reached a far higher level. He also has a dodgy ACL which means he would fit right in.

It’s not going unnoticed. He’s getting plenty of praise/credit from the fans every single week and I reckon. He’s be an outstanding find for us. He’s signed on for next season as well, isn’t he? He’s certainly up there as a contender for POTY(alongside Steven Anderson and Hendry) but if Hendry is back in 3 weeks and plays the rest of the season, then obviously i can’t see past him getting the clean sweep of the awards tbh.

56 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

It’s not going unnoticed. He’s getting plenty of praise/credit from the fans every single week and I reckon. He’s be an outstanding find for us. He’s signed on for next season as well, isn’t he? He’s certainly up there as a contender for POTY(alongside Steven Anderson and Hendry) but if Hendry is back in 3 weeks and plays the rest of the season, then obviously i can’t see past him getting the clean sweep of the awards tbh.

On October 4th it was announced that Brad had extended his contract until the end of season 2020-21.