The New Raith Rovers Thread

The window for loans doesn't open again until January. Only an emergency loan for a keeper is allowed just now.

Potential of a deal to bring Callachan back in on loan.

McGlynn, Smith, Steven Anderson and Tom Morgan all at the St Johnstone v Hearts game on Wednesday night. Callachan not really seeing any game time and can't go out on loan to anyone in the Championship or above because of the transfer window regulations.

Would certainly be a great help in the midfield!

18 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

The window for loans doesn't open again until January. Only an emergency loan for a keeper is allowed just now.

We'll sign Callachan as a goalkeper but play him in midfield. A reverse Ryan Stevenson, if you will. 

Would imagine Steven Anderson being there would be something to do with only being able to have 1 over 21 player on loan. Perhaps organising to have him released so we can take RC on loan?

I can't see anything about that in the rules. The only limitations I can see are:

- No more than one player from another club in the same division
- No more than two players from another club in a different division
- No more than four loans, in total, at any one time

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Was the over 21 player rule abolished?

Seem to remember a few years ago we fell foul of this. Can't remember who it was but we tried to sign someone and were rebuffed because we already had an over 21 on loan. 

Think that was when Gary Locke inexplicably signed Aaron Lennox on loan for the season.  Thereby using up our over age loan signing on a sub goalkeeper...

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Think that was when Gary Locke inexplicably signed Aaron Lennox on loan for the season.  Thereby using up our over age loan signing on a sub goalkeper...

That's the one. And he got fucking injured. 

I think I speak for many here when I say we just can’t come to terms with the news about Vaughan. Boys had no luck and for such a talented player has stopped much bigger things. So hard to take in. I do hope we do offer him another contract but I could see us having seen the last of Vaughan as a player.

This is just devastating news, much worse than any of us anticipated. Bringing Ross back would soften the blow somewhat, however can only pray that it is a grade 2 for Regan and a possibility than he could return for a potentially crucial run in.

Words cannot describe how Lewis must be feeling, without a doubt would be playing at a much higher level if not for these horrific injuries. Couldn't blame him for chucking it completely, only hope we see him in a Raith shirt again sometime.

Before this news came out I had a romantic notion that Vaughan would come off the bench at the end of the season and score the goal that wins us promotion. No chance of that now.

We really just need to try and pull together and make sure that when he does come back we are playing in the Championship. By hook or by crook we must get out of this league.

Really hoping the players rally with an even more overwhelming desire to do it this season not just for themselves and the club but for the likes of Vaughan and Hendry. Bene coming out with Vaughan’s top in the first game after Vaughan’s injury shows the togetherness of the squad, something McGlynn touched upon after the EF game.

Before this news came out I had a romantic notion that Vaughan would come off the bench at the end of the season and score the goal that wins us promotion. No chance of that now.

He had his chance back in 2018.

4 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

This is just devastating news, much worse than any of us anticipated. Bringing Ross back would soften the blow somewhat, however can only pray that it is a grade 2 for Regan and a possibility than he could return for a potentially crucial run in.

If it’s a Grade 2 MCL, the generally accepted non-surgical rehab schedule is 8-12 weeks, if there is no additional injury. Grade 3 MCL is 12-16 weeks.

The injuries are a huge blow, but confident we have a squad capable of securing a play-off at the very least and, if Falkirk don’t get their act together, maybe even winning the league. Although that’s still an outside bet for me. 

Regardless of where finish, already this season has been night and day from some of the recent ones. The last few seasons I’d not even considered a three hour drive to watch the Rovers, but tomorrow I’m looking forward to heading up to Peterhead. We are playing some decent attacking football, have a manager who clearly knows what he is doing and players who all come across as hard working and professional, with no one thinking they are better than they are. I’d much rather have that than some of the charlatans we have had representing the club in recent years. 

17 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

The injuries are a huge blow, but confident we have a squad capable of securing a play-off at the very least and, if Falkirk don’t get their act together, maybe even winning the league. Although that’s still an outside bet for me. 

Regardless of where finish, already this season has been night and day from some of the recent ones. The last few seasons I’d not even considered a three hour drive to watch the Rovers, but tomorrow I’m looking forward to heading up to Peterhead. We are playing some decent attacking football, have a manager who clearly knows what he is doing and players who all come across as hard working and professional, with no one thinking they are better than they are. I’d much rather have that than some of the charlatans we have had representing the club in recent years. 

Yep, this 100 percent. 

Shows the type of personality this squad has when McGlynn got as emotional as he did.