The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Going by that article, he’ll be out for a few months at least.

Yeah it does look like months rather than weeks. If we could even get him back for the last few weeks of the season so he's up to speed for the play offs that would be something I suppose.

Looks very much like Reagan is a hope for the best but prepare for the worst scenario. Never mind a few weeks, I'll happily take any outcome that see's him taking part in games between January and May.

No news yet on Allan or Victoria?

Also nothing about Vaughans pending operation.

If Hendry is out long term it's a blow for sure but it's far from terminal. We still have a good enough team to get into the playoffs at least saying we are up shit creek is a tad melodramatic. 

I agree. A midfield 2 of Spencer and Matthews is more than decent, especially if we can revert back to our back 5. It's a blow, but we'll adapt.

2 hours ago, kev23 said:

I agree. A midfield 2 of Spencer and Matthews is more than decent, especially if we can revert back to our back 5. It's a blow, but we'll adapt.

I'd like to see us try Dingwall as a number 10. I don't feel he's an out and out winger. But then, that causes an issues as I'd want us to find a place for Daniel Armstrong. 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd like to see us try Dingwall as a number 10. I don't feel he's an out and out winger. But then, that causes an issues as I'd want us to find a place for Daniel Armstrong. 

Isn’t the no 10 role the secondary striker?

Dingwall's stats show he’s not up for that, 4 goals in all appearances for county.

It's not all doom and gloom, Spencer and Matthew's are back which is 2 thirds of our midfield. The Anderson's are back, if we return to 3 at the back they should keep things tight and grant has been a real find up front.

It's just going to be a case of experimenting with gullan, dingwall, Armstrong and anyone else that can do a job.

It's not all doom and gloom, Spencer and Matthew's are back which is 2 thirds of our midfield. The Anderson's are back, if we return to 3 at the back they should keep things tight and grant has been a real find up front.
It's just going to be a case of experimenting with gullan, dingwall, Armstrong and anyone else that can do a job.
Spencer being fit at least allows us to keep Miller at right back and resolves the issue of who would play right wing back if we go back to the 3 centre backs.

Based on available players we could play the usual back five, and Spencer and Matthews in centre midfield. As you say McGlynn would then be picking a forward three from Anderson, Bowie, Baird, Dingwall and Armstrong.

9 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

With Vaughan out, Hendry is the crucial one. If he's out for any longer than a few weeks our title hopes have gone and the focus will be on making the play offs and hoping we have as near a fully fit squad as possible by then.

If he’s out for a few weeks our title hopes have gone? Are you joking or....?