The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

There's something about your guys physio or training methods that needs to be looked at with these injuries. It's ridiculous that this has been going on for so long. 

Most of the injuries have happened in games rather than training.

OK, but unlucky can only get you so far. Player conditioning? Nobody gets this unlucky for 3 years. It's absurd and needs questioned. 

To be fair, we seem to sign a lot of players who have had bad injury issues in the past then act surprised and hard done by when they flair up again.

349297975_ScreenShot2019-10-22at21_05_49.png.424c4e00d7f034c79d2bce05d42abab2.png

Saw this table elsewhere...decided to play with some numbers. With 18 games home and away, I divided 18 by the played games on easy side (18/3=6, for instance, or 18/4=4.5). I then multiplied the points earned in each category and added them up. If, somehow, the current road and home form prevailed, we could expect the following table at seasons end:

Raith Rovers       75

East Fife               72

Falkirk                    68

Airdrie                    56

Dumbarton         50

Clyde                     47 

Forfar                    36

Montrose             35

Peterhead          32

Stranraer            25

Now, I don’t expect this to work out this way, but it does show how the teams are performing in the first part of the season. I would suggest it tells us that 60 points should assure making the playoffs, and right at 50 or so is likely the first team out.

Mcglynn and the club are usually really coy on timescales for injuries. For Hendry to pull up injured and a time scale for recover be decided in one day would be very strange, particularly a relatively long term injury which would surely require a scan of sorts also.