The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 hours ago, Scottydog said:

It's fairly simple there isn't one are big enough to accommodate everyone, and at SP there never will be.

The 200 club used to be in the hospitality area and I can recall it being jammed in there too once upon a time. The 200 club as it currently stands is bigger numbers wise than any other  (MacMillan club etc) but is limited by space.

Simple facts are that Starks Park is an early 20th century ground built to late 19th century plans and designs, not suitable for the modern era but it is what it is so the only thing we can do is  make the best of it.

As for Franko's beef, he's just pissed because he was told to bolt when he asked to join the 200 club. 😉

Ah, I see obviously not a superfan then!

3 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Going to tout that as our new slogan. 

'Run by superfans, for superfans' 

The reality being that the club is full of Rovers supporters old and new doing their bit for the club one way or another. 

As a regular of the 200 club on here, I've never been in to the physical 200 club myself but I can't stress how much I support their actions in and about the club. We're lucky to have a good few groups who all try their hardest to help the club as much as possible. 

13 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Elgin at home in the wafer cup

Would expect to win this one but wouldn't be dissapointed if we lost, this diddy cup only gets interesting if you reach the final.

Edited by keyser_soze

19 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Going to tout that as our new slogan. 

'Run by superfans, for superfans' 

The reality being that the club is full of Rovers supporters old and new doing their bit for the club one way or another. 

Filthy cliques!!!

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Would expect to win this one but wouldn't be dissapointed if we lost, this diddy cup only gets interesting if you reach the final.

Nah, we have to go for it now. it’s thr chance of a final, even if it is the diddy cup. Hopefully Clyde manage to knock Inverness out.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Nah, we have to go for it now. it’s thr chance of a final, even if it is the diddy cup. Hopefully Clyde manage to knock Inverness out.

I'd love the chance of a final, however for that to happen ideally both Thistles get knocked out and we avoid the unknown in Wrexham / Solihull. 

It's another game we really don't need any injuries from which is my main concern.

18 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

I'd love the chance of a final, however for that to happen ideally both Thistles get knocked out and we avoid the unknown in Wrexham / Solihull. 

I've seen Solihull this year and Sutton in last year's tournament. There's nothing to fear there.

Just now, Raith_Raver said:

I've seen Solihull this year and Sutton in last year's tournament. There's nothing to fear there.

Fair do's, just the thought that they may put out a stronger team in a semi final than earlier rounds, however Elgin are up first first

Wonder why this game scheduled for the weekend of the 15-17th Nov and not the week after 23rd which is the international break?   Surely the clubs involved don't have that many players potentially missing through international duty.

Means our home game with Forfar will be moved to a midweek, making for a potential loss of earnings for us not to mention the physical factor of playing 2 games in a week at some point. 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/tunnocks-caramel-wafer-cup-qf-draw

3 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Wonder why this game scheduled for the weekend of the 15-17th Nov and not the week after 23rd which is the international break?   Surely the clubs involved don't have that many players potentially missing through international duty.

Means our home game with Forfar will be moved to a midweek, making for a potential loss of earnings for us not to mention the physical factor of playing 2 games in a week at some point. 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/scotland-squads/scotland-mens-a/fixtures-results/

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/2019-20-william-hill-scottish-cup-dates-confirmed/

Not ideal having to play a league game midweek but by the looks of it the 15-17th is when the weekend of the international break will be. And the 23rd is the third round Scottish cup. 

Worth saying the semi-final, should we make it, is scheduled for the 15tb/16th February. We’re currently due to be at home to Falkirk that weekend, which I’d imagine would be a bit of a blow to the club in terms of lost hospitality/away crowd if it ends up being played midweek.

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

Worth saying the semi-final, should we make it, is scheduled for the 15tb/16th February. We’re currently due to be at home to Falkirk that weekend, which I’d imagine would be a bit of a blow to the club in terms of lost hospitality/away crowd if it ends up being played midweek.

Now that is a fucking mare*

*unless we get wrexham away 🍻

Of course this means Falkirk have to come here and get something on a Tuesday night, rather than a Saturday. Could give us the edge.