The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 hours ago, CALDERON said:

It's a shame there isn't a public access bar always in use at Starks to be honest. 

It does seem a bit strange that there are the various different clubs with bars rather than the one supporters bar where everyone congregates.

When the club do open a general supporters bar they close it every other week for hospitality. Not ideal.

21 hours ago, CALDERON said:

It's a shame there isn't a public access bar always in use at Starks to be honest. 

I agree.

Palmerston has the one bar for all supporters.

Is the 200 club still limited to that number or is it open to as many supporters who want to join?

Heard a few folk having a go at Bowie on Sat, including the guy sitting next to me who seemed absolutely raging at him for some reason. 

The lad is a raw talent, and certainly some player for his age. Add the fact he's a Rovers fan from Templehall, I'm not sure there's any player I'd ever want to succeed more. 

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Heard a few folk having a go at Bowie on Sat, including the guy sitting next to me who seemed absolutely raging at him for some reason. 

The lad is a raw talent, and certainly some player for his age. Add the fact he's a Rovers fan from Templehall, I'm not sure there's any player I'd ever want to succeed more. 

I wasn't at the game, but I heard about this. Utterly daft to be berating a 17 year old who has barely reached 10 games and already has an excellent goals to minutes ratio. There are some absolute prize knobs in our fans. 

2 hours ago, Dunnikier said:

I agree.

Palmerston has the one bar for all supporters.

Is the 200 club still limited to that number or is it open to as many supporters who want to join?

As it is currently, everyone would need to be on someone else's shoulders to get that amount in the club. 

The sooner we can get started on the extension, the better. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Wasnae oor JIm Mac was it? 😂 Bobby Barr's "pal" !!

He was spitting feathers throughout the match, veins sticking out on the back of his neck!! Comedy gold!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

There are some absolute prize knobs in our fans. 

This is undoubtedly true. There were a couple of guys behind me booing Armstrong when he came on against Falkirk.

Edited by R.R.FC

14 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It does seem a bit strange that there are the various different clubs with bars rather than the one supporters bar where everyone congregates.

When the club do open a general supporters bar they close it every other week for hospitality. Not ideal.

100% scary a club our size with so many clubs I think is ridiculous, one bar would be great and I know so many people who would love a general public bar where all Rovers fans could chew the fat on anything to do with the Rovers and make additional monies for the Rovers instead of spending cash at local pubs 

It's fairly simple there isn't one are big enough to accommodate everyone, and at SP there never will be.

The 200 club used to be in the hospitality area and I can recall it being jammed in there too once upon a time. The 200 club as it currently stands is bigger numbers wise than any other  (MacMillan club etc) but is limited by space.

Simple facts are that Starks Park is an early 20th century ground built to late 19th century plans and designs, not suitable for the modern era but it is what it is so the only thing we can do is  make the best of it.

As for Franko's beef, he's just pissed because he was told to bolt when he asked to join the 200 club. 😉

13 hours ago, Scottydog said:

It's fairly simple there isn't one are big enough to accommodate everyone, and at SP there never will be.

The 200 club used to be in the hospitality area and I can recall it being jammed in there too once upon a time. The 200 club as it currently stands is bigger numbers wise than any other  (MacMillan club etc) but is limited by space.

Simple facts are that Starks Park is an early 20th century ground built to late 19th century plans and designs, not suitable for the modern era but it is what it is so the only thing we can do is  make the best of it.

As for Franko's beef, he's just pissed because he was told to bolt when he asked to join the 200 club. 😉

🤣 sure!