The New Raith Rovers Thread

moving Miller into midfield was a gamble as he is defensively minded (as McGlynn probably wanted) but miller being so defensively minded meant that he created a back 6 rather than sitting in front of the defence. Bene was doing ok before he came off and tried to get us up the field a few times. It’s very clear to see that we cannot use Mckay as a RB. Caught out of position so many times and I feel for th lad cause he’s a CB and he’s barely ever played there.

We’ve been playing well with the change of formation and think it suits us very well. I hope with the shake up in tactics it doesn’t mean we’ll revert back to what we were playing before. The second half was down to Falkirk sitting in an our sheer desire to take something from the game rather than tactics in my opinion Although obviously the change helped as we put more attacking players on.

in terms of Gullan, I think he’s better coming off the bench rather than a starter. He changes a game but the games he’s started I don’t think he’s offered much. I’d be tempted to try Armstrong I’m behind the strikers and see how he goes. 

Edited by Holy Marv

No Benedictus for the next three weeks. The big question becomes whether McGlynn sticks with his in vogue back three and slots McKay in, or takes heart from Saturday's second half and reverts to a back four with an extra place for Armstrong to provide the width further up the park.

There are real positives to both, but personally I'd like to see the 3-4-1-2 continue. It's made us look like a coherent team for the first time in a long time, rather than the lesser-than-the-sum-of-its-parts outfit that we have been.

Give Armstrong free reign in Vaughan's role in the middle of the park against Glenavon and see how he gets on.

Yeah, McKay in for Bene and as you were for me. Try Armstrong out in the 10 in a relatively pressure-free game against Glenavon and if he’s rubbish, start Gullan against Clyde and we have Armstrong there to come on and change shape if we need it.

McGlynn quote from the FFP "We'll have to change formation with him out"
On that basis I can see us setting up the way we finished the Falkirk match, at least while Benedictus is out.

Certainly sounds like it. Think the McGlynn logic will be the 4-2-3-1 worked so carry on.

Raith Supporters' Fund merchandise now available-sweatshirt  £18 hoodie £27. Check Rovers site for details.

This is a great idea. Obviously covers the cost, and then additional ££’s straight in to the RSF.

I seen on twitter someone mention about adults paying for the goal gif, as the kids one went down great (I know personally my daughter had a good laugh). £5 or something for each one, I think this could be a good wee money spinner for the RSF.

Can't make the game tomorrow and have the 'no football tomorrow' blues. Buzzing for the trip next week. A lack of a trip to Broadwood for a long time means that all 5 of our 'home crowd' are going. I would hope others see the novelty and we have good numbers.

Clyde seem to have found their feet and are doing very well. By all accounts as well they are a different proposition with Goodwillie up front - so another really tough away test you would think. In that vein, what kind of strength squad will we have by then (assuming - yes I know... - there are no new injuries tomorrow). Does anyone have any injury updates they could take the list and fill in the blanks?

Vaughan - missing until August

Benedictus - expected back in 3 weeks (so 2 from now?)

Dingwall - expected back tomorrow

Victoria - expected back...?

Mathews - expected back...?

Thomson - expected back...?

Smith (I think is out?) - expected back...?