The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well John got Manager of the month and Sando getting player of the month, so aye it’s a stick on we will now lose. [emoji38] 
Would be interesting to know the actual facts around that. Is it just superstitious nonsense? I don't care enough to do the research tbh.

35 minutes ago, grumswall said:
57 minutes ago, Wardy said:
Well John got Manager of the month and Sando getting player of the month, so aye it’s a stick on we will now lose. emoji38.png 

Would be interesting to know the actual facts around that. Is it just superstitious nonsense? I don't care enough to do the research tbh.

Aw it’s complete superstitious nonsense, for sure. 

4 hours ago, grumswall said:
4 hours ago, Wardy said:
Well John got Manager of the month and Sando getting player of the month, so aye it’s a stick on we will now lose. emoji38.png 

Bored and have WiFi...back through 2017-2018, assuming we take the results of the first League One game after the month they won for:

Team with Player of the Month is 8-4-6 (WDL)

Team with Manager of the Month is 12-3-3

I like the odds.

Bored and have WiFi...back through 2017-2018, assuming we take the results of the first League One game after the month they won for:
I like the odds.

Me too but you have too much free time [emoji23]

I like the odds.

It’s usually the first/immediate game after the awarding of the award you count, but it’s probably about the same!!!

9 hours ago, King Kebab said:

It’s usually the first/immediate game after the awarding of the award you count, but it’s probably about the same!!!

True, but in this case the first League game seemed more prudent to use...

So here’s the question: We know that JMcG changed formations for the second half, and added Armstrong, but how did the injury to Bene play into the turnaround? Davo was a constant presence, and unfortunately returned to form to get a yellow, for stupidity as much as for anything else, but Bene was a bit less present and we surrendered two goals during his run of play. While the formation change moved the pressure away from our backline, we still didn’t feel especially threatened without Bene in there.

Just wondering if we would really miss Bene on the back line? I know it’s almost heretical to say that, especially as he’s our captain, but still...

So here’s the question: We know that JMcG changed formations for the second half, and added Armstrong, but how did the injury to Bene play into the turnaround? Davo was a constant presence, and unfortunately returned to form to get a yellow, for stupidity as much as for anything else, but Bene was a bit less present and we surrendered two goals during his run of play. While the formation change moved the pressure away from our backline, we still didn’t feel especially threatened without Bene in there.
Just wondering if we would really miss Bene on the back line? I know it’s almost heretical to say that, especially as he’s our captain, but still...
Bene has been much improved since sando came in and has been providing an attacking threat aswell. As has davo tbf.

Davo shouting at someone in the stand during the second half after he done his usual, make a mistake and take no responsibility sums the guy up. Its no wonder he takes so much stick when he does make mistakes.

Not at all when we had the pain of the bene Davo dream team at the back bene was the weak link. 

Anderson seems to have sorted him out don't know if it is because he is shit hot (at this level) or if it's the reassurance of not having to rely on Davo as the last line of defence. 

Interesting to see how Mcglynn sets up with Armstrong now in. Can't really see how Danny fits in to the way we've started the most recent games given he is an out and out winger. Our form certainly improved since gong to a back 3 though. Maybe we go 3-4-3 from now on?

Interesting to see how Mcglynn sets up with Armstrong now in. Can't really see how Danny fits in to the way we've started the most recent games given he is an out and out winger. Our form certainly improved since gong to a back 3 though. Maybe we go 3-4-3 from now on?

Better make sure he finds room for Armstrong because he is a different class

Tbf to Davo, this is only his second of the season - good for him.

Depending on the severity of Bene's injury, it might be a natural-ish switch back to a back four, and we'll see the resumption of the lone striker with two wide forwards in support, which would suit Armstrong. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Baird take up the number 9 mantle from Allan, either.

Have to say, we've come on leaps and bounds since the East Fife game. 

This time last season, we were four points behind Arbroath thanks to a last gasp goal from Nisbet in McGlynn's second game back. We've got two more points this time around. But it feels like we're turning a corner under McGlynn.

He's taken a lot of flak over the last year, but McGlynn deserves some credit for his recruitment. Grant Anderson has been an astute signing who has performed better than a lot of people expected. McGurn has had a few mistakes, but absolutely kept us in the game with that save in the first half today. The fans and McGlynn were a huge factor in Regan coming back in. McDonald, Miller and Spencer have all been fantastic so far this season - Miller in particular has popped up with numerous goals and seems to be on the up after a torrid time with injuries. Obviously it hasn't worked out with Mendy and Victoria as of yet, and even then Joao has been plagued by injuries. 

But his recruitment during the autumn has been brilliant. Gullan adds a physical presence and seems happy to run at defences. Steven Anderson has been a revelation and completely changed the complexion of our defence. We've gone from having two shakey centre backs, to three players who look solid together while bringing out the best in McDonald and Miller. 

Baird has given us options up top and will likely be bled into the team with Allan possibly getting phased out. And then you add in Danny Armstrong who looked like he'd never left. Hopefully the lad can have a bit of reassurance he'll get game time and get back to playing as we know he can. 

Without going all 'Good feeling at Cappielow', I've enjoyed watching us over the last few weeks. The team seem to have a bit more belief and have the McGlynn mentality that was missing last season. We've got rid of the likes of Flanagan, Barjonas, Wedderburn and Gillespie to replace them with players who seem happy to put a shift in. It'll be a long winter, and we'll probably watch as key players rupture their cruciates. But certainly compared to the squad we had last season, I'm far happier. It's just a shame we can't add Vaughan into the mix. 

I'd be happy if we started away to Clyde with the same 4-4-2 as we finished today's game with. 

Had a nose in the Club shop today, and bought a couple of some old training gear for a fiver a pop (rain jacket and a tracky top). One of the tops on the shelf had the initials BS on it [emoji23]

1 minute ago, philpy said:

Had a nose in the Club shop today, and bought a couple of some old training gear for a fiver a pop (rain jacket and a tracky top). One of the tops on the shelf had the initials BS on it emoji23.png

Stands for Bullshit I think. 

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

So here’s the question: We know that JMcG changed formations for the second half, and added Armstrong, but how did the injury to Bene play into the turnaround?

Gullan comes on to replace him, but, McKay goes off at HT, both changes move the formation to a back four but still afforded the backs to move up?