The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It's the original knee he's done again.

f**k, that’s really not good then, if it was the one he was just recovering from then there is the hope that it’s more of a “breakdown” in the repair and the recovery of the existing/healing injury rather than a completely new injury but that sounds more like a new injury to a healed (although weakened) part, if that makes sense!!!

Anyway, best wishes and good luck to the guy!!!

eta: it is recoverable, our own Craig Watson did his knee in last season after two previous ACL injuries and was out for the rest of the season but came back for the start of this, but I suppose it comes down to the extent of the damage!!!

Edited by King Kebab

f**k, that’s really not good then, if it was the one he was just recovering from then there is the hope that it’s more of a “breakdown” in the repair and the recovery of the existing/healing injury rather than a completely new injury but that sounds more like a new injury to a healed (although weakened) part, if that makes sense!!!
Anyway, best wishes and good luck to the guy!!!
eta: it is recoverable, our own Craig Watson did his knee in last season after two previous ACL injuries and was out for the rest of the season but came back for the start of this, but I suppose it comes down to the extent of the damage!!!

How old is Watson? Vaughan, being 23 at least has age on his side. The guy should be playing in the premiership. It's highly unlikely he will ever fulfill the promise he has shown unfortunately but even after two he came back and looked good enough to be playing at a higher level.

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:

How old is Watson? Vaughan, being 23 at least has age on his side. The guy should be playing in the premiership. It's highly unlikely he will ever fulfill the promise he has shown unfortunately but even after two he came back and looked good enough to be playing at a higher level.

Watson is less than a year older than Vaughan. I was just going to post earlier about what stage do players with these recurring injuries just pack fitba in, forgetting that there's a player on our books that's done this same thing and recovered. Good luck to Lewis. 

Terrible news regarding Vaughan! The lad must be devastated! How unlucky can a player get? No doubt that classless p***k of an Arbroath fan will be fair chuffed with himself! Regardless of what team you support you have to feel for Vaughan and I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Watson is less than a year older than Vaughan. I was just going to post earlier about what stage do players with these recurring injuries just pack fitba in, forgetting that there's a player on our books that's done this same thing and recovered. Good luck to Lewis. 
Hopefully they can both get back to the level they were at. I doubt anyone would wish someone's career away, unless your an arbroath fan obviously.

Hopefully they can both get back to the level they were at. I doubt anyone would wish someone's career away, unless your an arbroath fan obviously.

Funny you should mention that as Watson’s last injury happened at Arbroath and he was booed and subjected to some awful abuse as he was stretchered off, so much so that the Arbroath Chairman had to come out and make a statement slamming the fans that did so!!!

Funny you should mention that as Watson’s last injury happened at Arbroath and he was booed and subjected to some awful abuse as he was stretchered off, so much so that the Arbroath Chairman had to come out and make a statement slamming the fans that did so!!!
We had one in this thread the other day reveling in vaughans injury. Says alot when our immediate rivals this season can send well wishes etc but a teams fan(s) who we have no history with can be absolute p***ks about it. Just scummy behaviour!!!

We had one in this thread the other day reveling in vaughans injury. Says alot when our immediate rivals this season can send well wishes etc but a teams fan(s) who we have no history with can be absolute p***ks about it. Just scummy behaviour!!!
Some clubs realise that football is just a game and these are players livelihoods and so much more than anything else.

Fingers crossed for Lewis that he comes back flying just not against us [emoji23]

Just to echo the thoughts of my fellow EF fans. Genuinely gutted for the boy, horrendous run of serious injuries and a huge blow for an extremely talented, classy young man. Hope he can somehow come back from it but looks tough.

Only positive I can take is that at least he won't score against us again as usual but really it's a blow for him, Raith and the league losing a player of his talent.
All the best Lewis

Yeah this certainly was not the way it happened but oh well