The New Raith Rovers Thread

Absolutely gutted for Lewis. Massive blow for us as a team, I think we needed a fit Lewis Vaughan to be consistent enough all season to win the league. However, the main disappointment is just for Lewis himself, he seems like a genuinely decent guy and has worked so hard to get himself back.

With injuries like this, sometimes a player doesn’t ever look the same when they return but he looked like he’d never been away and was back up to speed very quickly. I suppose that may give him comfort he knows he can recover from such an injury without it affecting his quality. The mental aspect of it will be much tougher though.

Can’t imagine how down he is just now, almost back to back spells of 9 months rehabilitation work must be soul destroying. 

Gutted, just gutted. I was really hoping what I was told was right. The lad will know the whole club is behind him but it's going to take something special mentally to pull him through it this time.

We all have to stick together now and do it for Lewis. Show him that he has something to fight back for.

Absolutely rotten. There's no chance Vaughan would still be with us had he not had awful luck with injuries. To suffer 1 ACL injury is a nightmare. Two is very uncommon. But I can't really recall seeing many footballers having to come back three times from the same long term injury. Can't imagine what's going about in the lad's head to have come back from such a long layoff only to play one full game then go right back to square one.

Thats hellish news, feel for the lad and it’s going to take not just his physical but also all his mental strength to come back from this, especially after a THIRD time, he’s bound to, at some stage, be thinking “what’s the point?”, but if he can get over that he’ll be back, he’s done it twice and if it’s medically possible, he’ll do it again!!!

Too good for this division but never getting the chance to prove it, it’s a real shame!!!

ETA: this new injury, is it the same knee that he has just come back from or is it the same knee as the previous (first) injury???

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Gutted, just gutted. I was really hoping what I was told was right. The lad will know the whole club is behind him but it's going to take something special mentally to pull him through it this time.

We all have to stick together now and do it for Lewis. Show him that he has something to fight back for.

Agree with this.

Vaughan has just done a recent round of interviews where he talked about how mentally tough the 2nd recovery had been. To now be standing at the bottom of the mountain again only a couple of weeks later, well it's hard to comprehend how bad he'll be feeling.

There aren't that many players at this level who are worth the admission fee on their own, but when Vaughan is on his game he's one of them. Gutted for us as Rovers supporters, but more importantly gutted for him, as he's been robbed of the career he should have had.

What we all kind of known eh! What bloody shame. We have to win this league for Lewis.

That’s the attitude we have to have about this! I’m distraught for Vaughan, and he is our best player, no doubt... but... Vaughan has hardly played this season, albeit when he has he’s been key, and we’re still top of the league.

Steven Anderson, for me, was the player that allowed us to turn a corner as far as our away form is conferenced. We have a plethora of attacking options with Dingwall and Jack Smith to return at some point as well. We can beat any team without him, home and away. We can’t bemoan Vaughan’s injury, tragic as it is. We have to win the league for him, not despite him, because we can. We won’t win the league with a “poor us” attitude to our injuries, that’s for sure.

Thats hellish news, feel for the lad and it’s going to take not just his physical but also all his mental strength to come back from this, especially after a THIRD time, he’s bound to, at some stage, be thinking “what’s the point?”, but if he can get over that he’ll be back, he’s done it twice and if it’s medically possible, he’ll do it again!!!
Too good for this division but never getting the chance to prove it, it’s a real shame!!!

ETA: this new injury, is it the same knee that he has just come back from or is it the same knee as the previous (first) injury???
It's the original knee he's done again.