The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wonder what formation we will play now that Vaughan will be our for the foreseeable? We had changed to a front two with one in behind but I don’t think Gullan is overly effective in the hole. I wonder if it’ll be Allan in the middle with Anderson and Bowie on the wings.

16 minutes ago, RaithTheRover said:

MENDY GOT A BACKHEEL ASSIST

From Kelty Hearts Twitter:

“55. GOAL!!! Nando backheels to Fash who slots home the equaliser! ❤️🇱🇻⚽

Stirling Uni 1-1 Kelty Hearts | #TheMaroonMachine | #SLFL”

Well blow me over...maybe, just maybe...

I don’t really care the level, this can’t be bad for his play. Worst case, he comes back in Jan and goes out on loan to a League Two team to get more play and experience. Then we can see what he can do next year.

That is absolutely horrible. He’s done both of his ACL’s in his last three professional starts. There’s no words for that sort of misfortune.

The start before that, he scored a hat-trick in the Scottish Cup against Dunfermline in front of 6000.

Gutted. Obviously for the club, no doubt that’s a massive blow to our promotion chances, possibly fatal. But more for Vaughan himself. Can he come back from this?

Absolutely devastated for Vaughan, he's without a doubt one of, if not the most talented player I've seen in a Raith shirt. Really hope we haven't seen the last of him and he can come back from it and put the injuries behind him. The one saving grace for Lewis, if he chooses to attempt a return is that he is under contract until May 2021 so won't have to worry about trying to find a club to take a punt on him in the summer given his injury record.