The New Raith Rovers Thread

Arbroath fans are reveling in someone potentially having a third serious injury? Scumbagery of the highest order! Fair play to the fife fans and everyone else not being dicks about a young guys career potentially being finished.

Arboarth actively targeted Vaughan in our first encounter at Stark’s last season. Classless clubs with a classless manager and classless fans.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Arboarth actively targeted Vaughan in our first encounter at Stark’s last season. Classless clubs with a classless manager and classless fans.

I remember that game, they set out to cripple Lewie from the kick off.

As I recall he was taken off injured around the hour mark after being hacked for 60 minutes.

Bruatl

Don't honestly think this will benefit the Rovers. He's going to a team that was torn apart by Auchinleck in the cup. Don't see him coming back a better player as the standard is not that high. Only my opinion. Also it's only until January.

Edited by Surely No

Torn on this one. He obviously needs game time but training alongside sando would probably do wonders for him.

Kelty won't train 4 times a week, so he'll be with us, most likely on Mondays and Fridays still. I'm presuming Anderson trains with us full time.

Don't honestly think this will benefit the Rovers. He's going to a team that was torn apart by Auchinleck in the cup. Don't see him coming back a better player as the standard is not that high. Only my opinion. Also it's only until January.

He'll have more chance playing for Kelty than here. I cannot see how it's not a good move. Benefits us and Mendy if he plays.

Kelty won't train 4 times a week, so he'll be with us, most likely on Mondays and Fridays still. I'm presuming Anderson trains with us full time.
I didn't think of that. Best of both worlds then. He has shown he has something about him pre season but definitely isn't at the level we need right now. Hope this move goes well and he comes back ready to contribute.

25 minutes ago, Surely No said:

Auchinleck are miles ahead of anything in the Lowland League other than Bonnyrigg and Kelty (who, admittedly, are managed by a complete cretin which had some influence on why they were lost so badly). He'll get game time and hopefully some confidence after a few matches. It gets him used to competitive games at a lower quality level. He's currently fifth choice at the moment behind Sanderson, Bene, Davo and McKay (probably Miller would be more likely to be used there ahead of him). but he's on a two year deal so it's a good indicator of how he actually is.  

That signing, bearing in mind he's here for two years, is looking like a serious misjudgement. 
Time will tell if it is or not. We have to bear in mind its his first professional contract so it could be that, they have seen potential in him rather than him being a ready made signing.

He'll have more chance playing for Kelty than here. I cannot see how it's not a good move. Benefits us and Mendy if he plays.

Also you’d imagine Kelty will be picking up at least part of his wages.
Not having to pay the full wages of your 5yh choice centre-back is always a bonus.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Michael W said:
That signing, bearing in mind he's here for two years, is looking like a serious misjudgement. 

Time will tell if it is or not. We have to bear in mind its his first professional contract so it could be that, they have seen potential in him rather than him being a ready made signing.

Just seems like the place you typically send a 17 year old. 

Still, if it means conservatory man is paying his wages for a few months... 

Torn on this one. He obviously needs game time but training alongside sando would probably do wonders for him.

Any benefit of training alongside Anderson will be negated by being coached by Barry Ferguson.