The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 hours ago, smokie29 said:

IMG_0122.jpg
#roaringback

Just noticed the above post. from Smokie 29 on page 3443.

Clearly a career threatening injury to one of the finest young players in this League, but is just a is a source of amusement to Smokie Boy!!

Unbelievable.

What an absolute BELLEND you are.            Arbroath must be so proud of you.

Edited by Wee Sandy

Can't believe I'm gutted for a Raith player but Vaughan is a class act and I feel really sorry for him. One on the best players in the league if not the best and no doubt if it wasn't for injuries he would have played at a higher level than league one. I hope it's not as bad as it looks and I wish him a speedy recovery.

The franticness from both sets of players and the ref to get the physio on suggests the injury was ‘visible’ if that makes sense. For that reason I hope it was something like a dislocated knee cap over another ACL injury - ideally I’m hoping it’s nothing serious at all but I’m preparing myself for the worst. Lewis Allan in particular looked quite shocked.

Some Arbroath fans were getting themselves in some state over the Rovers when they were playing well last season, so it's no real surprise that now they have been found out that a couple of them are being daft. 

Wouldn't say Arbroath have been found out to be honest we're in the league above and probably doing exactly as expected whilst unlucky not to have another 5-6 points on the board.

Credit to the East Fife fans for the comments regarding Vaughan, they have gone way up in my estimations. It would be easy for a local rival and close competitor in the league to take some enjoyment in us potentially losing our best player for the season. However, to a man, their comments have been very classy. Fair play.

Having Dislocated my left knee 3 times, and my right knee once, I know its a hell of a sore thing.

He'll rightly have a scan and if there's any damage to the meniscus ligament he'll require surgery, best case scenario if there's no tears or surrounding ligament damage, IMO it might be 12+ weeks.

Its a horrible, horrible feeling and I'd never wish it on anyone, seeing your OWN knee 90 degrees away from where it should be churns your own stomach never mind anyone else seeing it and I wish the boy nothing but luck and a speedy recovery.