The New Raith Rovers Thread

Armstrong ahead of Tade is wild. Gregory every day of the week for me. Not happening any time soon though.

Armstrong was excellent initially but tailed off his last few games. Don’t get me wrong I’d be delighted to have him back but if we plan to continue with this new formation for the rest of the season I don’t really see where he’d fit in. We ended in a 5-4-1 last week but it was a definite two up top before that with Gullan in the hole. I don’t think that would suit Armstrong.

As soon as Armstrong knew he was away his attitude turned to shit. No thanks.

100% agreed. I mean he was class like, but says volumes about a boy when the attitude changes. For example when Craigen had pre signed for Falkirk, if anything he upped his game. Christ what a player, still bizarre to me that fans didn’t take to him.

100% agreed. I mean he was class like, but says volumes about a boy when the attitude changes. For example when Craigen had pre signed for Falkirk, if anything he upped his game. Christ what a player, still bizarre to me that fans didn’t take to him.

James Craigen would have been appreciated and utilised more in the current team I think. Bags of technical ability and one of the most two footed players I’ve even seen. Used to take corners with his right then the next one with his left!

We’ve gotta pray Vaughan’s injury isn’t as bad. According to Tony Dingwall it’s another ACL. The same manoeuvre attempted at Brechin last season.

Did you speak to Dingwall post match? Or did he say that on RaithTV or something?
Really hope it isn’t...!

Still waiting on the post match interviews etc to be posted, hopefully they will shed a bit of light onto the situation, there's been a few people saying it's a dislocated knee cap though.

Although not ideal, surely that is a better scenario than his ACL being fucked again, he’ll still be out for a while but it might not be the precursor for retirement!!!

Although not ideal, surely that is a better scenario than his ACL being fucked again, he’ll still be out for a while but it might not be the precursor for retirement!!!
Absolutely. Mcglynn doesn't shed much light on the situation in his interview so it probably is a case of wait and see and this stage though.

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Feel like even if this isn't an ACL tear, another serious injury is always on the horizon for him. I feel sorry for him, he has the quality, imo, to be playing at a far higher level than Raith. I really hope he does someday.