The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Apparently we had talks with Armstrong about him coming back to us but they've come to nothing. He's now talking to Queen of the South and Montrose.

Where does he live? Does he just really like driving about Scotland? Dingwall to either Dumfries or Montrose. 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Apparently we had talks with Armstrong about him coming back to us but they've come to nothing. He's now talking to Queen of the South and Montrose.

That's a bit of a random one. He'd make a big difference to any attack in this league when he can be bothered, to be fair.

Out of curiosity... who would you rather have? Tade or Armstrong? Both would go straight into the first 11 but offer different qualities, one at the twilight of his career whereas the other is developing.

ETA - I’m fully aware that neither will join us.

Armstrong 100%. 6 strikers already here that can easily get 50 goals between them. Armstrong is technically fucking stunning, second only to Hendry. Imagine them two playing together... 🥵

11 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Champions League goalscorer Gregory Tade, or *checks notes* failed Ross County Reserve player Daniel Armstrong.

I really like Dan Armstrong, he was excellent for us, but let's not be silly now.

Also, you get bonus points for John McGlynn's Blues Brothers approach to recruitment, with Baird and Tade up front.

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

Out of curiosity... who would you rather have? Tade or Armstrong? Both would go straight into the first 11 but offer different qualities, one at the twilight of his career whereas the other is developing.

ETA - I’m fully aware that neither will join us.

Even with proviso last, neither anyway. I’m concerned that Baird alone may throw some of the chemistry this team seems to have found, despite our occasional numbers crunch. Our powder is much better kept dry for now, and held until the January window, when there may be the need to replace Gullan/Baird/Munro, and any other player that might be poached if we keep playing well. While it’s nice to sign a quality player, if some big team swoops in and makes an offer we couldn’t refuse for one or two of our players, we would need to replace what we lose. Right now, we would simply be padding the roster, and might get it expensively wrong. Rome fell due to hiring too many mercenaries...