The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, Niall Russell said:

If I knew what match that was I’d look at the promotion diary from that season to get the name of the guy back right. Definitely 86-87 as it was before Gary Voy had his car accident that ended his career...

It was from an edition of Roy of the Rovers from January 87

47 minutes ago, Niall Russell said:

If I knew what match that was I’d look at the promotion diary from that season to get the name of the guy back right. Definitely 86-87 as it was before Gary Voy had his car accident that ended his career...

Didn’t Gary Voys car crash happen at Haddington after a Berwick away game midweek.?

Are you sure that’s Billy Herd? Not as I recall him.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Is the guy next to Colin Harris called Bobby Wilson? He arrived from the juniors at the same time as Bingo Simpson, but never made anything like as big an impact.

I'm guessing. 

It’s Wilson, was apparently the best fife junior player at the time. Never worked out for him.

Glen Kerr was a great defender, but fell out of things when Cammy Fraser signed.

one of my favourite tops 

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

It’s from really early in that season as Colin Harris was signed from Hibs just before Keith Wright was sold to Dundee.

Harris signed in September and Wright left in December. 

I reckon that's the old Hampden Park terracing in the background, so having looked up Always Next Season, I'm going to say it was taken on Saturday 29th November 1986 when we were away to Queens Park, which might have been Keith Wright's last game for the Rovers (first spell). 

Edited by Specky Ginger

I remember a game at Hampden where Jim Marshall ran the length of the pitch to score, then collapsed in a heap absolutely knackered.

Edit - I think he might have fluffed it and fell over the ball, 'twas a long time ago and my memory ain't what it used to be 😉

Edited by keyser_soze

OK, here's yer homework.

EFQBP-6XkAIK4Rn?format=jpg%26name=4096x4096&key=9b921e10142d9464b663e2161928c1b1979969909c979acd3a59c5172415e9cb

Nearly a 50% moustache ratio going on there!!!

Apropos of nothing but Gary Voy has a very successful tour operating business now based on the Royal Mile, also has written a few quite erudite articles online regarding the current state of Scottish Tourism!!!

18 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

OK, here's yer homework.

Boy on the front row, first on the right definitely went on to become serial killer.

Spoiler

Then signed for Clyde afterwards I imagine.

Edited by Gordon EF

18 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Boy on the front row, first on the right definitely went on to become serial killer.

Reveal hidden contents

Then signed for Clyde afterwards I imagine.

Nah, better than that, he scored the opener and set up the injury time winner in the new year derby at the old Bayview the following season. 

Oh, and set up about five of Rovers' seven goals against East Fife at Starks Park in the November. 

Just now, Specky Ginger said:

Nah, better than that, he scored the opener and set up the injury time winner in the new year derby at the old Bayview the following season. 

Oh, and set up about five of Rovers' seven goals against East Fife at Starks Park in the November. 

Bingo Killed off the Fife in successive games so technically Gordon EF is correct.