The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

The injury to the keeper was down to Davo not just heading a simple ball over the top for a throw in.

Any excuse for a dig, perhaps if the keeper had held The initial header, or if we’d stopped the guy getting the free header from the corner ?

but naw let’s blame the easy target again, wonder who’ll get it when he retires ?

Edited by Beastie Russell

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Any excuse for a dig, perhaps if the keeper had held The initial header, or if we’d stopped the guy getting the free header from the corner ?

but naw let’s blame the easy target again, wonder who’ll get it when he retires ?

Davo could win the Ballon D'or and he'd still get dogs abuse here.

2 hours ago, RRPT said:

Davo could win the Ballon D'or and he'd still get dogs abuse here.

But he wont and as a Rovers fan I still think he's a liability and someone who needs to be put in his place. Hopefully Anderson kicks his arse and stops the slouching about and moaning at others.

My personal opinion that Davo wasn’t particularly great yesterday and deflected the blame whenever something went wrong, but last week he was solid. The Airdrie penalty shout summed up his afternoon. Dragged himself out of position, sauntered back to position with no urgency and was wrong side and gave the referee a decision to make (granted it would have been a soft penalty). Davo does come in for some criticism but he doesn’t help himself sometimes. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

But he wont and as a Rovers fan I still think he's a liability and someone who needs to be put in his place. Hopefully Anderson kicks his arse and stops the slouching about and moaning at others.

Anderson’s similar f**k up in the last minute seems to be erased from the memory of some fans.

Nah that was an absolute shocker from him, absolute no pressure what’s so ever and yes could’ve headered it out as mentioned, but he had time to ‘kill it’ and deal with it, but he totally lost concentration and it came off his shin, was a shocker!
Credit where it’s due, he has been fine so far this season from the games I’ve been too, and hasn’t had any real costly errors, and if it was a choice of playing 2 at the back Davo was my lesser of 2 evils to play alongside Sando. (I think my choice would be Bene now though.)
It’s the whole thing where if Davo has a howler he never takes responsibility for it and tries to pan it off on to someone else. That is what does folks tits in.

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

Grant Anderson's form has been a pleasant surprise. A player I rated previously, but whose end product could let him down. 

Seems he's found some! 

Aye he’s certainly  better at finding the net than finding a man at the back post...

When he’s been putting balls in to the box, so far though, are much better than previous also, I wonder if it’s because he’s been playing as a striker and now realises actually that’s where I would want them so that’s where I’ll stick them

When he’s been putting balls in to the box, so far though, are much better than previous also, I wonder if it’s because he’s been playing as a striker and now realises actually that’s where I would want them so that’s where I’ll stick them

I don’t think you need any experience playing as a striker to know that you don’t want to be hitting the first defender with your crosses.

I've always loved Gando. He's always wore his heart on his sleeve and given 100%... But his crossing in his first stint was nothing short of abysmal hahaha. He just seems like a great guy who loves the club and will give his all to make sure we are successful and has flourished in his new role up top. I think I'm his number one fan.