The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Partick away in the next round please, pumped out and with few £s to show for it.

Would have been Dundee but I just noticed they took the sensible option too.

I really  want out ASAP before we lose more players.

Travel costs if you draw away to a non Scottish side are subsided by SPFL.

We’ll end up away to Elgin

15 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Ffs,east fife fans still dining out on a win over a week ago

Nope we are now dining out on having beaten Forfar this week, the game against you lot is a distant memory now.  And the next one please!

What’s with the rows of missing seats? Same issue at Falkirk and Clyde has tons of broken seats. Is it due to lack of cash in League one?

Yeah pretty much. No point buying new ones when there’s thousands of spare ones that are never used. It looks horrible though. I’ve always thought that teams should be charged for any damaged carried out by its fans in a bid to stop that kind of thing happening.

10 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

Yeah pretty much. No point buying new ones when there’s thousands of spare ones that are never used. It looks horrible though. I’ve always thought that teams should be charged for any damaged carried out by its fans in a bid to stop that kind of thing happening.

Should return in the Championship though surely as Partick and Dunfermline carry a large away support. Wonder if they drew Rangers or Celtic in the cup if there would be a rush to put the seats back. 

39 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

I think the seats missing from the McDermid have been used to replace broken seats in the Penman. 

The club has nets up now for when the players shots go high or wide in training so hopefully they'll save the club a good few bob when it comes to replacing the missing ones. 

I think the seats missing from the McDermid have been used to replace broken seats in the Penman. 
The club has nets up now for when the players shots go high or wide in training so hopefully they'll save the club a good few bob when it comes to replacing the missing ones. 
Iv never understood why they don't put the nets up pre match instead of kids etc getting the ball skelped off their heads. No idea how the nets go up though so not sure if it's easy enough to take them down before ko

Just now, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, Ebanda said:

Iv never understood why they don't put the nets up pre match instead of kids etc getting the ball skelped off their heads. No idea how the nets go up though so not sure if it's easy enough to take them down before ko

It's to do with health and safety they are worried about one of the poles possibly falling into the fans apparently. Although a ball flying into the crowd at high speed is just as dangerous. 

It's to do with health and safety they are worried about one of the poles possibly falling into the fans apparently. Although a ball flying into the crowd at high speed is just as dangerous. 
In fairness to the players, there has been a considerably less amount of stray shots firing into the stand so far this season.

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:
25 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

In fairness to the players, there has been a considerably less amount of stray shots firing into the stand so far this season.

Tbh I don't understand why they don't use the portable goals and put them in front of the railway stand.