The New Raith Rovers Thread

48 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Big Steven Anderson looks like a footballer from a bygone era. I adore him already.

46 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Shirt tucked into shorts and black boots, a bygone look. 

Ando 😍

As I said, he's the last of the great old fashioned Scottish centre backs. Theres no messing about, no stupid stuff. He plays, he defends, he wins. 

What a change from last week. Suddenly we have Anderson the back and Vaughan back. League and Cup double in the bag....

Have to say that while Hendry produced another masterclass in midfield I thought Anderson was outstanding when he came on for Davidson. Didn't miss a beat for us and was organising the rest of the back four straight away.

We played very well the day whole team worked very hard hendry was fantastic Anderson did well when he came on tait did very well fantastic about Vaughan coming on and played well and showed how much of a big player he is for us hopefully Bowie injury is not that bad.

BOR (Box Office Rovers)

What a solid team performance today, surprised at how poor Falkirk were considering that was pretty close to their starting XI, Longridge when on it for them was a huge threat - thankfully not too much came from it though.

Defensively solid today, Davo was actually having a decent enough game until he went off. Anderson though, my word, what a throwback he is, love him already!

Spencer & Hendry are excellent in the middle. First of me seeing Tait play today (I think), very impressive, again strong on the ball and had the desire to go n win the ball back when he was caught on it. Great prospect along with Bowie.

Allan done well holding the ball up and generally being a pest up top, doesn’t get the credit he’s due from some fans.

And Vaughan, well what a player, on the park 2secs and he’s ripped 2 defenders and then slips 6 yards out, and then 5mins later cracks the bar from the freekick.

Very encouraging performance.

I know it’s the Challenge Cup and no one cares, but it’s all about the wild Away day - can we please get Wrexham Away in the next round 🤞🏻

Hendry’s vision and passing is sublime, Spencer and G. Anderson are underrated, and Allan is criminally maligned. Tait is a very tidy player, as is Bowie. Vaughan, while I’m glad to see back, needs to drop the appealing for the foul and get back to work like the others. He’s hugely talented, and will be a massive addition, especially with Bowie out for a bit.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Hendry’s vision and passing is sublime, Spencer and G. Anderson are underrated, and Allan is criminally maligned. Tait is a very tidy player, as is Bowie. Vaughan, while I’m glad to see back, needs to drop the appealing for the foul and get back to work like the others. He’s hugely talented, and will be a massive addition, especially with Bowie out for a bit.

Lewis is and always be a target, he has to maximise the pressure brought to him, this is the sort of shit that got him injured in the first place.

Just watched the highlights and it would appear we have a cracking wee team. Tait in particular was a thorn in Falkirks side. Why can’t we replicate this away from home. Boggles the mind.
Because every other team in the league sits in making it hard to break them down whereas Falkirk haven't.