The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hopefully this boy doesn't play right back and its just a signing to get Millar into midfield leaving the Bene/Davo partnership intact.

Glad to get new face into defence anyway, anything to help.

18 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Hopefully this boy doesn't play right back 

Hes played at right back for us before, but I doubt he could manage it now.

Delighted hes got himself a club that will play him, as hes on the fringes with us now and it doesnt feel right having him sitting in the stands for his final few seasons in the game.

He last played for us in the Cup this season against County and looked well off the pace, sadly, but hes a complete warrior and leader, probably one of the last of them. Hes never had any pace to lose, so isnt worse of there, and read the game so well his lack of pace was never exposed. Maybe better asking Partick fans about how he is these days.

I, genuinely, hope hes an absolute star for you.

Delighted the centre half issue has been addressed and that McGlynn isn’t totally senile yet, although how does this break up the current partnership, I’ve not been at the last two games due to work, anyone better out of Davo and Bene or have they really been just as bad as each other?

Delighted the centre half issue has been addressed and that McGlynn isn’t totally senile yet, although how does this break up the current partnership, I’ve not been at the last two games due to work, anyone better out of Davo and Bene or have they really been just as bad as each other?
Davo has been the better of the two but that isn't saying much in all honesty.

Davo has been the better out of the two in my opinion. 

Anderson coming in might be the kick up the arse required for the CBs as they're pretty much guaranteed a start as it is/was. 

We've no problem scoring. We'll be pretty formidable if we stop conceding silly goals. 

1 hour ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Last week wasnt solely down to central defence.We had two full backs that couldn,t stop crosses into the box

Out of Davo and Bene i,d keep Davo in before Bene

Don't know anything about Anderson but hopefully he's still got something to offer at our level and isn't completely done. I can see us changing formation and playing three centre halves now because I still can't see him dropping either of the chuckle brothers in central defence. Miller and MacDonald will be well capable of playing wing back.