The New Raith Rovers Thread

36 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
6 hours ago, fifer67 said:
I see another derby defeat for the Rovers gets relegated of the back page of the press. Fife Flyers pre season seemingly hotter news . Oh dear maybe next time bearing in mind your fantastic home form. 

Isn't that what the East Fife Mail is for?

Trying to play down derby defeats for Raith Rovers? No, that's definitely the job of the Fife Free Press...  :whistle

Edited by Angusfifer

19 minutes ago, MethilMink said:

Really cant see you winning on saturday. I expect the rovers not to turn up as per usual. 

Deal, lets us out of the useless competition and also start the whole damn bench!

Edited by TxRover

Just read the FFP for the first time in a long and found who McGuigan is haha. Reading the match report and also Shaughan’s assessment is grim reading. The banner of the match report states “It’s time Raith got their act together” bring realistic I don’t think this squad have it in them. We score goals yes. But we let them in at will. How can they change it. God knows. No money to bring in any kind of experience and the lack of right back is concerning

1 hour ago, Dalziel8 said:

The lack of a right back? Is the former Scotland U18,19 and 20’s right back that we currently have playing there not getting considered?

Prob not now, he's going to have to go into midfield to cover for Matthews injury.

Excellent. No idea if he'll be any good, but it's nice to see that John McGlynn, while publicly claiming the defence is fine (as you'd expect), hasn't actually gone doolally.

I suspect that'll be the end of Mendy as well. I really wanted it to work for him, but with 3, possibly 4, players ahead of him at centre half, I don't see where he fits in.

5 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

That’s a great signing for this level.

Experienced defender with plenty games under his belt. Will hopefully help steady the ship. Welcome aboard

250+ appearances in the Premier League/Premiership with St Johnstone over the last 10 years.