The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Is this some kind of effort to play the socio-economic card?

I've no idea, its been a long term thing that methil is full of minks, even ppl from buckhaven look down on them

The worst we will be is two points off top, you cannot sack a manager for that. 

However, there are massive warning signs. That defence is absolutely fucking awful and persisting with that partnership could well make his position untenable should we still ship goals in the manner we are. 

Benedictus is completely done at this level for a side going for promotion, and I'm not sure why the management team don't see it.

Edited by CALDERON

22 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The worst we will be is two points off top, you cannot sack a manager for that. 

However, there are massive warning signs. That defence is absolutely fucking awful and persisting with that partnership could well make his position untenable should we still ship goals in the manner we are. 

Benedictus is completely done at this level for a side going for promotion, and I'm not sure why the management team don't see it.

So why isn't it being fixed? It's not being unreasonable for fans to be asking the powers that be asking the same questions. 

34 minutes ago, Hadji said:

I've no idea, its been a long term thing that methil is full of minks, even ppl from buckhaven look down on them

Maybe you'd like to post a league table of which mining community got the f**k battered out of it the most after the pit closures if it makes you happy...

4 goals to east fucking fife, fair play to them but the boy from raith tv better give it to mcglynn tight and ask the c**t if he can fucking count. 

Asking if he can count would have been a good comeback.

Mindless in the fact that he should be sacked. Not after 5 matches and top of the league. Defence and away record though is tough to digest I agree. 
But what’s the options here realistically? Change the defence, bring in McKay? 
We sack McGlynn? Who could we realisations attract? How would they sort out a defence with no resources? 
The players need to step up to the plate. There’s only so much defensive training you can do, but if the players go out there and just fanny about then not really much John (or any manager could do for that matter) but as we know it’s the manager that gets the bullet. 

He’s had a year and we are still brutal away from home. How long does he need to sort out our away form?

The only near constant throughout that run of poor away performances has been the Davo/Bene partnership. McGlynn possibly thought Mendy was the answer but that hasn’t happened yet and if I was McKay I’d probably be pretty disillusioned with the manager. To be honest we look comfortable enough at home in the games I’ve seen but away from home something needs to change.

If I was a Board member I’d be waiting to see how the remaining September away fixtures go, and if it’s more of the same where we’re losing goals galore, I’d have a word.

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

Maybe you'd like to post a league table of which mining community got the f**k battered out of it the most after the pit closures if it makes you happy...

I think u need to go to bed pal.... league table of ex mining communitys indeed.