The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

4 league games in. 

9 different goal scorers. 

Who was it we were lamenting the loss of again? 

I would much, much rather have lost Nisbet and brought in Hendry/Spencer and retain Vaughan, than last years situation where Nisbet was having to carry absolute shite. 

Will ultimately be better for us having goals across the team. Queens marked Nisbet out the game in the playoffs, and that ended any chance we had. 

In with a decent chance of being right up there when Vaughan and Dingwall come back from injury, which would be great. 

3 of the next 4 league games are away from home, so we will get a far clearer picture of where we are after that. 

Surprised that 9 points has us top at this stage, been something of a cut throat league already. Obviously happy to be there, but with the run of fixtures we've had I would have been disappointed with less than 9.

Big month or so ahead, but happy overall with what has been on show so far. All about managing the injuries which are, annoyingly, already hurting us. 

20 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

In with a decent chance of being right up there when Vaughan and Dingwall come back from injury, which would be great. 

3 of the next 4 league games are away from home, so we will get a far clearer picture of where we are after that. 

Surprised that 9 points has us top at this stage, been something of a cut throat league already. Obviously happy to be there, but with the run of fixtures we've had I would have been disappointed with less than 9.

Big month or so ahead, but happy overall with what has been on show so far. All about managing the injuries which are, annoyingly, already hurting us. 

We've been quite fortunate in that I don't think anyone really saw Kieron Bowie stepping up to take a first team place as quickly as he's done. As shite as it was losing Nisbet, Bowie has done a phenomenal job to make his mark at such a young age. Once we get Vaughan and Dingwall back, it will be interesting to see what shape we take with things.

In particular, its difficult to see how Dingwall fits in. He's usually played as a link between midfield and attack, but we've currently got Spencer and Hendry in that role. It might end up with us running a 4-2-3-1 where we've got Spencer and Matthews sitting deep, Vaughan, Hendry and Dingwall in behind either Bowie, Gullan or Allan. Have to say, that Spencer has been an incredible signing so far, and is more of a well rounded player than any midfielder we had last season. 

I think Falkirk will take a little bit of time to find their groove.  In particular, I think they'll need to adjust away from home where teams will be quite happy to sit back and soak up pressure. 

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:46, Ro Sham Bo said:

I take it Smith is going to be out for a while? I would be disappointed if him or Bowie were deprived of game time in favour of a bang average loan signing like Gullan.

I think though there has to be some game time management of a guy as young as Bowie. As good as he is, and as good as he may become, he's still very young, and there's maybe an element of not wanting to burn him out at such a young age. Having options will allow us to manage that, and perhaps ensure he doesn't play every minute of every game. Particularly when Dingwall and Vaughan are back fit, you would anticipate Bowie dropping to the bench anyway, but it gives us options for injury cover and rotation. With Victoria and Smith out both for 4-8 weeks anyway, we are very short. grant Anderson as a part time player will also maybe need game time managed. Its a long season, and a bit of rotation is required.

1 hour ago, GhostZapper said:

I think though there has to be some game time management of a guy as young as Bowie.

This is the critical bit. Bowie needs a game off here and there, and certainly needs some subbing off with his work level. As young as he is, he’s still developing physically, and we can expect some bumps on the road as niggling injuries start to slow him a bit. He’s likely to be an excellent second half sub for someone like Vaughan, imagine the despair you’d feel as a wide defender if Bowie comes on about minute 60...and you know what he’s gonna do.

It will be hard for him at first to relinquish the primary attacker role, but if his head’s on straight, he’ll understand the bigger picture. He’s also good enough right now that if Vaughan or Dingwall show any weakness in their return, he can possibly keep us on track.

1 hour ago, Surely No said:

He'll put you " Under Pressure " cos he's one of our " Heroes"  who'll shoot  us to " Fame " and we'll be " Dancing in the Street". :thumsup2

I suspect "Changes" " are afoot as your hopes of promotion turn into" Ashes to Ashes " come 5pm on Saturday. 

11 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

I suspect "Changes" " are afoot as your hopes of promotion turn into" Ashes to Ashes " come 5pm on Saturday. 

Don't expect Darren Young to be " The Laughing Gnome " at 5.00 on Saturday as the East Fife fans will be thinking that he's "The Man Who Sold The World ". It's been a long night.