The New Raith Rovers Thread

I won't pretend to know the criteria surrounding our participation in the Fife Cup, but could we not just have scratched the tie and given Burntisland a bye?
Surely it's better than risking injury to first team squad members.

At a time where we have no youth team and clearly short in numbers, playing in competitions like this is suicide!

What would happen if we just refused to play these pointless games that cost the club money for no reason? 
I can't imagine there is much Fife F.A can do. If we don't have a big enough squad to make 11 changes for a Fife Cup match then we certainly shouldn't be entering it.

Munro, Mendy, McKay, Watson, Tait, Smith, Anderson and Miller all featured. The rest of the squad was made up of trialists.
Hopefully smith's injury isn't too bad. Where you there kev? If so, how did mendy get on? Any trialists look up to much?

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I won't pretend to know the criteria surrounding our participation in the Fife Cup, but could we not just have scratched the tie and given Burntisland a bye?
Surely it's better than risking injury to first team squad members.

By the same logic then you would stop training because you can possibly pick up injuries - I know Cowden have had 2 cruciate injuries just from training in last 2 seasons.  Then managers also often arrange bounce games instead of training which are little or no different to playing Fife Cup games. 

The difference between training and bounce games is that there’s very little in the way of contact etc. Yes injuries still happen but it’s less likely than playing in a competitive game. (Although just how competitive games against the Shippy are is open to debate)

I don’t think the Fife cup is of any interest to any of the teams these days.

Hopefully smith's injury isn't too bad. Where you there kev? If so, how did mendy get on? Any trialists look up to much?

I seen up until 2-0 and then had to leave. Mendy strolled it albeit he never had much to do. Trialists all looked fine at the level the game was played, but none would be capable of the step up.

5 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I seen up until 2-0 and then had to leave. Mendy strolled it albeit he never had much to do. Trialists all looked fine at the level the game was played, but none would be capable of the step up.

The guy with the curly hair (27) that scored the first goal had a great game, as did Regan Hendry's wee brother (25) who scored the second.