The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Do you actually read your posts back?

Absolutely no chance? Jesus Christ. 

Is this the same East fife team who haven’t won in 11 past league matches that you are referring to? 

You hams are gonna get tonked! 

Do you actually read your posts back?
Absolutely no chance? Jesus Christ. 
Is this the same East fife team who haven’t won in 11 past league matches that you are referring to? 

He’s trying to wind folk up, better off ignoring. Really not sure what the end game is tbh; playing the years long troll game on folk that support the same team as him? Weirdo.

Ali More advised us that the Board want Rovers to break even this year & that would include the projected income from the Supporters Fund. We need to try to encourage another 200 on

the gate to have more money for more players.

1 hour ago, JAR said:

Ali More advised us that the Board want Rovers to break even this year & that would include the projected income from the Supporters Fund. We need to try to encourage another 200 on

the gate to have more money for more players.

I would be stunned if Raith broke even for the year, not just because its Raith, but you still have a pretty much full-time core, and most full time teams in Scotland are struggling to break even. I would have suggested a decent cup run would probably have helped more than convincing fans to sign up to a supporters fund, (although that would help regardless) which is why i am surprised so many managers take the league cup group stages so lightly. 

I have no idea what level of loss we're looking at for last season, but we were told it was "controlled". You'd have to assume that this season's budget is a further decrease on that. 

Whether it's enough to break even we will find out in the future. 

A televised cup tie would of course be very welcome however. 

Nothing like a story making the papers to panic a club into telling the manager to make a grovelling apology. Very classy that he admits it could just as easily have been his wife he was a dick to.
Rovers can do miles better than McGlynn.

McGlynn is a great lad. We have never done better than him since he left.

And there is our first injury in the Fife Cup. Jack Smith needs stretchered off.
I won't pretend to know the criteria surrounding our participation in the Fife Cup, but could we not just have scratched the tie and given Burntisland a bye?
Surely it's better than risking injury to first team squad members.