The New Raith Rovers Thread

Where the interview took a turn for the worse was when the interviewer mentioned the “defensive performance” and McGlynn takes this as criticism of the defence. The defensive performance was poor in the last few minutes, but that wasn’t just down to the defence.

Then he cracks at the question about being short on numbers. Just looking at that subs bench shows we don’t have enough players. That’ll become more evident as the season goes on. If there’s no budget for more players then there’s not a lot that can be done.

Better interview would have been “aye, I can count you bald c**t.” Then a square go. Would have got more attention. Should do that for the next away defeat.

I feel that there is a over reaction to the whole interview scenario.  

John did make a tit of himself! However i feel that the emotions got the better of him and the pelters he has been getting have been a bit unfair! We are 3 games in and if you offered us 6 points from the first 3 we probably would have taken it ! I would like to hear  suggestions for his replacement from the people calling for his head 🤔 

Edited by ScottRRFC

The hallmark of previous J McG teams has always been that we have been dogged (some might say turgid) and hard to beat. He needs to get that mindset back into the entire team. He maligned last seasons team for lacking heart, he needs to prove his signings have what's required.

Stranraer's opener was an out and out glorious strike but my word the guy had a fortnight to pick his spot, why wasn't he closed down? Where was the midfield? Why didn't a defender close him down?

The second was awful defending, in particular a certain defender who fell over, didn't get up quickly and in fact was still laying prone when the ball finally hit the net. Once again though the midfield were absent in the run up to it.

The 3rd was all on the witch who was worryingly slow to react but again you have to question the midfields part in the run up to it, where was the drive, commitment and bodies on the line to stop them?

We have 3 good creative midfielders but by **** they need to learn to dig for it too!

Edited by Scottydog

I feel that there is a over reaction to the whole interview scenario.  
John did make a tit of himself! However i feel that the emotions got the better of him and the pelters he has been getting have been a bit unfair! We are 3 games in and if you offered us 6 points from the first 3 we probably would have taken it ! I would like to hear  suggestions for his replacement from the people calling for his head [emoji848] 
I'm not having that. 6 points from 3 games against Forfar, Falkirk and East Fife would be a good return. Not so much from Dumbarton, Clyde and Stranraer.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm not having that. 6 points from 3 games against Forfar, Falkirk and East Fife would be a good return. Not so much from Dumbarton, Clyde and Stranraer.

3 points is 3 points regardless who you are playing. 

East Fife? A team who have drew their opening games with 2 of the teams we’ve comfortably beaten? 

You add nothing but utter negativity. Give. It. A. Fucking. Rest. Please. 

Correct Scottydog i posted the same on the game forum. Its getting to easy to blame the defence when for 2 of the goals our midfield were no where to be seen.

The hallmark of previous J McG teams has always been that we have been dogged (some might say turgid) and hard to beat. He needs to get that mindset back into the entire team. He maligned last seasons team for lacking heart, he needs to prove his signings have what's required.
Stranraer's opener was an out and out glorious strike but my word the guy had a fortnight to pick his spot, why wasn't he closed down? Where was the midfield? Why didn't a defender close him down?
The second was awful defending, in particular a certain defender who fell over, didn't get up quickly and in fact was still laying prone when the ball finally hit the net. Once again though the midfield were absent in the run up to it.
The 3rd was all on the witch who was worryingly slow to react but again you have to question the midfields part in the run up to it, where was the drive, commitment and bodies on the line to stop them?
We have 3 good creative midfielders but by **** they need to learn to dig for it too!

Maybe the chairman has to come out and defend the clubs position in terms of recruitment signings etc. Have we been paid by dunfy for Murray when is the Nisbet situation going to be resolved? Because its clear Mcglynn isnt happy regarding squad numbers. Im not happy to be honest was a contributer to the development fund now the players fund with a higher contribution than before! We should have went totally part time and try and reduce the debt because year after year our debt is just going to grow unless we get out of league 1 which i cant see in the forseeable future. The rot started with Gary Locke still cant believe we made this appointment based on an horrific track record as a manager,John hughes enough said, finally Barry Smith another melt who was sacked by dundee, Aldershot, Alloa,Brechin City, left us before he was pushed IMO and East Fife who he blew promotion with after sitting in a good position.

7 hours ago, Wardy said:

3 points is 3 points regardless who you are playing. 

East Fife? A team who have drew their opening games with 2 of the teams we’ve comfortably beaten? 

You add nothing but utter negativity. Give. It. A. Fucking. Rest. Please. 

Yep, the same East Fife who gave us no end of bother last season. They might have drawn with Clyde and Peterhead but there is absolutely no chance we'll beat them as easily as we did those two teams. 

I wasn’t at the game on Saturday, and could only go by reports and highlights but Saturday didn’t bear all the hallmarks of last season’s dismal failures on the road.

We were rarely unlucky when losing last season. Most losses felt like they were inevitable and thoroughly deserved, with the opponents creating chance after chance, but I thought we looked the better side for long spells on Saturday, albeit didn’t create enough.

I’d also agree with the thoughts that the midfield were probably just as much to blame for the goals we conceded. The gap between the defensive and midfield units were huge when Stranraer broke.

As for the next two fixtures,four points would probably leave us with an acceptable return from the first five games, while six would be encouraging.

Anything less than that though, and it’s going to feel wearily familiar.

46 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yep, the same East Fife who gave us no end of bother last season. They might have drawn with Clyde and Peterhead but there is absolutely no chance we'll beat them as easily as we did those two teams. 

Do you actually read your posts back?

Absolutely no chance? Jesus Christ. 

Is this the same East fife team who haven’t won in 11 past league matches that you are referring to?