The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well, it’s now been picked up by The Sun. Again, I’ll stress that I understand he said it and the fault is ultimately McGlynn’s, I don’t think anyone wants pointless puff piece interviews, but I can’t see what good it does putting our manager in the national media for a post-match interview on the club’s own channel.

Maybe a lesson learnt

We have four centre backs and four forwards. Arguably the last positions we need loan cover in, regardless of your view of the quality concerned. You also identify RB where we have three options. At CM, however, we have four options including a 17 year old and currently play three, and we have only one person in the squad who’s even played LB. Not so easy this management lark is it?

There’s no point signing someone for the sake of it, especially when Premiership clubs often demand players start when fit. We don’t want a Barjonas situation. I suspect if Victoria is out for 3-4 weeks we might see McGlynn going in sooner than intended though. Probably looking at him, Vaughan and Dingwall all coming back about the same time and what a boost that’ll be.

Incidentally, we had people moaning like f**k last season about Gullan/McGuffie/Barjonas... y we no stick wiv wot we got... it’s always easy to criticise in hindsight.

Yes we have 4 centre backs but none that appear to be good enough, and please elaborate of the 4 forwards. Allan, Bowie and Smith. Vaughan and Dingwall and no.10’s and both Bowie and Smith are unproven although Bowie has potential. We’re clearly lacking up front and to suggest otherwise is bewildering.

Our midfield is by far our strongest part of our team, even with injuries we have other players who can and have played there before.

I agree some previous loan signings have been questionable but surely by making a move in this market sooner rather than later means were getting the best players available on loan before our rivals do.

In which case, if he manages that and the club doesn’t lose £400k in the process, he’ll have done well.

Wonder how much we lost last season? Bet it’s a fair amount.

Think I recall Ally More suggesting in a video that we’d be making a profit, could be wrong though.

Yes we have 4 centre backs but none that appear to be good enough, and please elaborate of the 4 forwards. Allan, Bowie and Smith. Vaughan and Dingwall and no.10’s and both Bowie and Smith are unproven although Bowie has potential. We’re clearly lacking up front and to suggest otherwise is bewildering.

Our midfield is by far our strongest part of our team, even with injuries we have other players who can and have played there before.

I agree some previous loan signings have been questionable but surely by making a move in this market sooner rather than later means were getting the best players available on loan before our rivals do.

Vaughan is the other forward mentioned. He’s unlikely to take the lead role in the current system, granted, we have three players who can, for one role.

In an ideal world I’d love another striker but come mid-September, assuming no more injuries, we’ll have Vaughan, Dingwall, Victoria, Anderson, Allan, Smith and Bowie all fighting for a maximum of four spots, three in the current system. Do we really need anyone else there, especially if they have to play? Maybe we could forget Bowie and Smith for the time being and open that ‘give our own youth a go’ door again?

We can’t carry two players for every position, as much as we’d like to, and the same rules apply to the CBs - you might not like who we have, I don’t either especially, but we’ve got them now. We can’t just run out and get someone else because we don’t like them, we’re a League One club trying to break even. We need some form of realism which seems sadly lacking at times.

The better players in the Premiership are generally in and around the first team squad, with managers hanging on to see if they’ll need them. It’s not as simple as the good ones leave first, and to be brutally honest even if it was, there’s that pesky realism again - there are other clubs that would make a better option right now.

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Loads of folk giving it, “aye he’s feelin the preshure lyks”. Is he? What pressure? We’ve won 2/3 league games.

After 4 cup games and 3 league games we have shipped 18 goals, at the end of last season and the start of this McGlynn said sorting the defending out was a priority and hes failed at it.

The pressure is on him to sort out the defence/defending otherwise theres very little chance of promotion which will surely be his remit.

Do you not think the defending is a major problem for the Rovers ? A do and a think most fans and folk in the board room will be the same, Hence the pressure.

4 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Because I'm sick fed up of the same old faces doing the rounds, McGlynn included. Robson is a coach at Aberdeen, doing well. He has numerous contacts in the game to encourage players to come to the club, loan players from Aberdeen and maybe Celtic  and others. He would come in with fresh ideas and maybe just maybe she how crap our central defence really is. He would come in with no loyalty to any players and you never know may put us in a position to have got us promoted last season. McGlynn failed the only fulltime team in the league with several of his own players brought in from his appointment. He also had several months to improve us and the same mistakes continue to happen. 

An  "interesting" post.

One question, ..............in your scenario, where would the money come from to pay off McGlynn and pay for Barry Robson, given he is likely to be on more as a coach at Aberdeen than we pay currently McGlynn?

3 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

An  "interesting" post.

One question, ..............in your scenario, where would the money come from to pay off McGlynn and pay for Barry Robson, given he is likely to be on more as a coach at Aberdeen than we pay currently McGlynn?

ETA   McGlynn is probably cheesed off with the whole issue more than anyone, feels like he,s banging his heid aff the wa!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

I'm talking about appointing him when Smith left not now, we will stick with McGlynn as we are beyond skint.

13 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Barry Robson has never managed a team in his life, why is he suddenly the man to get this club promoted ASAP? 

Because I'm sick fed up of the same old faces doing the rounds, McGlynn included. Robson is a coach at Aberdeen, doing well. He has numerous contacts in the game to encourage players to come to the club, loan players from Aberdeen and maybe Celtic  and others. He would come in with fresh ideas and maybe just maybe she how crap our central defence really is. He would come in with no loyalty to any players and you never know may put us in a position to have got us promoted last season. McGlynn failed the only fulltime team in the league with several of his own players brought in from his appointment. He also had several months to improve us and the same mistakes continue to happen. 

28 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm talking about appointing him when Smith left not now, we will stick with McGlynn as we are beyond skint.

Are you Robson?

34 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Yer dreaming min. McGlynn is working with a shoestring budget. Raith have a significant deficit to manage so you guys need to be realistic. McGlynn is probably the best you're gonna get for the foreseeable future. 

Good to see that the roasters are all in a total meltdown over this McGlynn stuff.

Nobody in here ever had a bad day at work and reacted in a bad way? Towards a colleague, volunteer or whoever?

FWIW, I thought that the question about numbers was stupid, given the comments he made midweek about injuries, so I'm not surprised he got pissed off, especially when he was clearly raging about what had just happened.

6 points from 9, 2nd in the league... move on to next week... McGlynn isn't going anywhere anytime soon and nor should he.

Some of the "lost it" posters need to look in the mirror [emoji1787]

2 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Good to see that the roasters are all in a total meltdown over this McGlynn stuff.

Nobody in here ever had a bad day at work and reacted in a bad way? Towards a colleague, volunteer or whoever?

FWIW, I thought that the question about numbers was stupid, given the comments he made midweek about injuries, so I'm not surprised he got pissed off, especially when he was clearly raging about what had just happened.

6 points from 9, 2nd in the league... move on to next week... McGlynn isn't going anywhere anytime soon and nor should he.

Some of the "lost it" posters need to look in the mirror emoji1787.png

The question about numbers was valid. It was asked if having a trialist meant we were looking to sign someone or not. Fair question. 

We've all had bad days at work, but im guessing most people's work don't post their opinions up on their companies official website.