The New Raith Rovers Thread

I questioned last week around the lack of loans players brought in, McGlynn last week then confirms to the FFP that theres no rush for loan players, we lose 3-2 and he moans about the lack of numbers...

We do need loan deals, every fan can tell you we need CB and a forward at least. How can he not see this? We’re well covered in every other position, except maybe RB. Its not like anything else is likely to change.

I questioned last week around the lack of loans players brought in, McGlynn last week then confirms to the FFP that theres no rush for loan players, we lose 3-2 and he moans about the lack of numbers...

We do need loan deals, every fan can tell you we need CB and a forward at least. How can he not see this? We’re well covered in every other position, except maybe RB. Its not like anything else is likely to change.

We have four centre backs and four forwards. Arguably the last positions we need loan cover in, regardless of your view of the quality concerned. You also identify RB where we have three options. At CM, however, we have four options including a 17 year old and currently play three, and we have only one person in the squad who’s even played LB. Not so easy this management lark is it?

There’s no point signing someone for the sake of it, especially when Premiership clubs often demand players start when fit. We don’t want a Barjonas situation. I suspect if Victoria is out for 3-4 weeks we might see McGlynn going in sooner than intended though. Probably looking at him, Vaughan and Dingwall all coming back about the same time and what a boost that’ll be.

Incidentally, we had people moaning like f**k last season about Gullan/McGuffie/Barjonas... y we no stick wiv wot we got... it’s always easy to criticise in hindsight.

He certainly got off lightly last season, that's for sure. Probably for that exact reason. 
He has nowhere to hide this time around. 

It’s good we’re all pulling together this season.

Where would you expect McGlynn to have us finishing this season?

I would have thought even finishing top 4 would be a challenge. Then it’s the dreaded play-offs again, if we’re lucky.

Given the stats quoted by RRFC yesterday (54 goals lost and only 4 clean sheets in our last 30 away games) it beggars belief that we continually play the same central defence week in week out. John stated in his interview that defending was a team game and to his credit he has brought in three good midfield players this season but it’s made no difference to the goals against column. Two further improvements from last season in the full back positions but again we continue to lose too many goals. Process of elimination leaves the central defence. I’m not suggesting that Dave McKay is the answer but surely he deserves a chance in his favoured position. I don’t want to knock the manager just yet but his stubbornness just now reminds me of the McGurn/McNeil debacle a few seasons back. Maybe Mendy will turn out to be the answer once his head has cleared and we will see the Marv/Campbell esq player we were promised. It’s far to early to be pressing panic buttons but we can’t continue to need to score three goals to win a game.

54 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I would have thought even finishing top 4 would be a challenge. Then it’s the dreaded play-offs again, if we’re lucky.

We should be finishing top 4 at the very least.

We should be finishing top 4 at the very least.

In which case, if he manages that and the club doesn’t lose £400k in the process, he’ll have done well.

Wonder how much we lost last season? Bet it’s a fair amount.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

2nd.

Anything below that is, regrettably, failure.

Obviously that in turn brings the probability that we won't get promoted, which is also failure to be honest. That's an argument for the playoff post-mortem in May, though. 

Edited by Michael W

This is what social media is all about to generate discussion ask the manager probing questions that the fans want asked think its excellent from davey hancock and the rest of the guys at RaithTV. Mcglynn clearly wears his heart on his sleeve and genuinely loves the Rovers but im sure he will apologise for some of his replies to davey in his post match interview. Not that im condoning his actions but its clear hes showing his frustration at firstly losing the game so late on , all the travelling over scotland in recent weeks especially having so many players carrying injuries, playing a meaning less fife cup game at burntisland and having to draft in trialists. Think fans should cast there mind back to the Barry Smith interviews and his brand of total football

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

In which case, if he manages that and the club doesn’t lose £400k in the process, he’ll have done well.

Wonder how much we lost last season? Bet it’s a fair amount.

It could well be but his remit is to get promoted so 4th place is minimum. 

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Loads of folk giving it, “aye he’s feelin the preshure lyks”. Is he? What pressure? We’ve won 2/3 league games.

Perhaps he's just pissed off, but when a manager starts throwing back the questions he's asked at the interviewer, it's a sign for me that they either don't have answers or they're feeling the pressure and are looking to deflect. 

Surely there's pressure on McGlynn to sort your dreadful away record and to get you out of this league? 

7 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Barry Robson has never managed a team in his life, why is he suddenly the man to get this club promoted ASAP? 

Because I'm sick fed up of the same old faces doing the rounds, McGlynn included. Robson is a coach at Aberdeen, doing well. He has numerous contacts in the game to encourage players to come to the club, loan players from Aberdeen and maybe Celtic  and others. He would come in with fresh ideas and maybe just maybe she how crap our central defence really is. He would come in with no loyalty to any players and you never know may put us in a position to have got us promoted last season. McGlynn failed the only fulltime team in the league with several of his own players brought in from his appointment. He also had several months to improve us and the same mistakes continue to happen. 

On 18/08/2019 at 08:26, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't think it's too much to expect to beat the likes of Stranraer, a team with about 50 fans who barely deserve to be a league club, when we are 2-1 up inside the last 10 minutes. It's also not too much to expect us to be ahead of the likes of Arbroath and Forfar over a 36 game season, but we can't manage that either. This might even be the season that you lot manage to finish above us. We are a shambles and I blame McGlynn entirely.

Disrespectful to Stranraer pal, don’t forget we were leading 1-0 at half time and lost the lead with switching of for 10 mins . Did you expect us to roll over and let you tickle our belly. Did we not beat you last meeting at Kirkcaldy as well. Were both games flukes?

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps he's just pissed off, but when a manager starts throwing back the questions he's asked at the interviewer, it's a sign for me that they either don't have answers or they're feeling the pressure and are looking to deflect. 

Surely there's pressure on McGlynn to sort your dreadful away record and to get you out of this league? 

There is, absolutely. 

He should feel pressure, there is expectation now and if he doesn't sort out the defence and away record he can't have any complaints if he should find himself under real strain from above. 

Some are suggesting he should be sacked, which is daft at this stage.