The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I mean it can't be directly compared to the John Hughes slaughtering of players mid relegation battle, but it's Hughes esque in the sense he's completely lost the plot and sounds like a man under very serious pressure.

He also comes across as a complete arsehole. Another John Hughes trait.

Yer man McGlynn is struggling big time, and that interview confirms it. His away record is absolute honky tonk.

See the source image

47 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

John Hughes esque stuff from McGlynn. He sounds like a man who's under serious pressure and I'm quite surprised there aren't more Raith fans calling for his head.

I can't help but feel he's dining off of previous success at Raith. A win rate of 45% in League 1 for a (mostly) full-time side is pretty poor. For context, Barry Smith's was 55%...

I don't recall John Hughes ever belittling an interviewer...

53 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

John Hughes esque stuff from McGlynn. He sounds like a man who's under serious pressure and I'm quite surprised there aren't more Raith fans calling for his head.

I can't help but feel he's dining off of previous success at Raith. A win rate of 45% in League 1 for a (mostly) full-time side is pretty poor. For context, Barry Smith's was 55%...

Why would you expect more fans to be calling for his head when we are 2nd place? 

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I mean it can't be directly compared to the John Hughes slaughtering of players mid relegation battle, but it's Hughes esque in the sense he's completely lost the plot and sounds like a man under very serious pressure.

He also comes across as a complete arsehole. Another John Hughes trait.

Yer man McGlynn is struggling big time, and that interview confirms it. His away record is absolute honky tonk.

Apart from at Dumbarton numbnuts!

To be fair he failed last season. He took us over early enough to make a difference. He was given funds to strengthen the squad, he continued playing the same players week in week out and is doing the same this season. He has his favourites and never drops them. I didn't want him to return and have stated previously we needed to go for someone like Barry Robson. Also with such a tight budget can we really afford two none playing people in the management team. Perhaps one should be a player manager similar to John Baird last season at Forfar.

Pretty incredible some people are defending McGlynn and having a pop at the interviewer. If Davie(?) gets fed up of Raith would he be interested in coming to Queens? I'd love an interviewer who asks the questions the fans want asked. For two seasons under Naysmith we leaked goals from crosses. I'm sure it was around 70% last season. I can't recall her ever bringing that up though. It's almost the same questions every week.

If the defence has been shaky for Rovers then I see no reason why the guy shouldn't question it as the fans will surely be thinking the same. His reaction screamed of a man who's coat is on a shoogly peg.

Pretty incredible some people are defending McGlynn and having a pop at the interviewer. If Davie(?) gets fed up of Raith would he be interested in coming to Queens? I'd love an interviewer who asks the questions the fans want asked. For two seasons under Naysmith we leaked goals from crosses. I'm sure it was around 70% last season. I can't recall her ever bringing that up though. It's almost the same questions every week.

If the defence has been shaky for Rovers then I see no reason why the guy shouldn't question it as the fans will surely be thinking the same. His reaction screamed of a man who's coat is on a shoogly peg.

Who's had a pop at Davie? I think it's more been that it wasn't edited out than having a pop at him for asking a non offensive question.

The manager is a bit grumpy 10 minutes after a game in which we lose 2 late goals.  Hardly a shocking story. He is clearly aware that we don't have the depth of squad to challenge for the league and 3 games in we have resorted to playing a trialist to make up the numbers, with no intention of signing him as we have no cash. It sounds like we are abusing the system as he mentioned possibly playing 5 trialists on Tuesday night as we don't have to pay them. This is Sunday pub league stuff.  

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Who's had a pop at Davie? I think it's more been that it wasn't edited out than having a pop at him for asking a non offensive question.

The only Davie we should be having a pop at is Mcgurn. He has been very poor since he returned and has been at fault for numerous goals, but seems to avoid criticism, whilst our centre halves take most of the blame. 

I don’t see why his coat would be anywhere near a shoogly peg. 6/9 points is fine for where we should be this season. Falkirk will absolutely skoosh this league, we were never going to be challenging and to expect us to compete with them is madness, just look at the quality in their squad. We can’t come near to affording the players they have. Hopefully we go up in the play offs but we need to have a bit of patience and some fans need to accept we are a league one club, the championship is not where we have a ‘natural right’ to be or any of that pish. If we start to sack managers off knee jerk reactions we’ll end up like Airdrie... or worse.

The only Davie we should be having a pop at is Mcgurn. He has been very poor since he returned and has been at fault for numerous goals, but seems to avoid criticism, whilst our centre halves take most of the blame. 

Why is mcgurn having to make as many good saves as he has done? He is not above criticism, even from an absolute fanboy of his. The problem with every single goal we conceded on Saturday though was that the ball was allowed to be played into space in and around the edge of our box. That is the zone that should be defended for dear life by the central midfield and central defenders. I said it yesterday, that was a staple of the mcglynn teams in the past. Body in front of everything, in the case of Mark Campbell, head.

Its really not difficult to display raw honesty without being a total dick to someome.

You’ve never lost your cool then? With anybody, ever? It’s not acceptable but I’d imagine almost everybody on here has had a moment where they’ve reacted like that at some point in their personal or professional lives. Absolute storm in a teacup.

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

You’ve never lost your cool then? With anybody, ever? It’s not acceptable but I’d imagine almost everybody on here has had a moment where they’ve reacted like that at some point in their personal or professional lives. Absolute storm in a teacup.

Difference being that I and most here don't work with volunteers (I presume) and don't have my reactions posted on the Internet on my companies website. 

4 hours ago, raith1974 said:

To be fair he failed last season. He took us over early enough to make a difference. He was given funds to strengthen the squad, he continued playing the same players week in week out and is doing the same this season. He has his favourites and never drops them. I didn't want him to return and have stated previously we needed to go for someone like Barry Robson. Also with such a tight budget can we really afford two none playing people in the management team. Perhaps one should be a player manager similar to John Baird last season at Forfar.

Barry Robson has never managed a team in his life, why is he suddenly the man to get this club promoted ASAP? 

I don’t see why his coat would be anywhere near a shoogly peg. 6/9 points is fine for where we should be this season. Falkirk will absolutely skoosh this league, we were never going to be challenging and to expect us to compete with them is madness, just look at the quality in their squad. We can’t come near to affording the players they have. Hopefully we go up in the play offs but we need to have a bit of patience and some fans need to accept we are a league one club, the championship is not where we have a ‘natural right’ to be or any of that pish. If we start to sack managers off knee jerk reactions we’ll end up like Airdrie... or worse.

...Clydebank?

Lost £400k in Smith’s first season. Lost how much last season? Downward spiral.