The New Raith Rovers Thread

I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but I am involved primarily because I love the Rovers. Been a supporter since I was 7 and wanted to give back to a club who has given me so many memories. You guys are luckily, when we get beat and I'm not at the game I have to watch it again multiple times! Not exactly how I wanted to spend a few hours on the last day of my holidays! Seems like the team posting the full post match interview has divided some opinion and willing to take any fair criticism on board.  Definitely wasn't put up as anything other than to let fans hear John's thoughts on the match. Personally, and this is completely my own opinion, it is interesting that some supporters would like us to not post or heavily edit post match interviews whereas others would like even more 'hard hitting' questions some weeks. 
There's a fine line to be walked with this sort of thing. Davie didn't ask anything controversial yesterday but has had an unexpected reaction. To ask harder questions could lead to further incidents like this which doesn't make the club or manager look good. It is frustrating at times to not hear the questions you want asked but it's the safe way to play it. Manager will happily come out every week and do these interviews and we don't (normally) end up with any animosity over the interviews.

I'd rather it was played safe and we got some information instead of none. You can correct me if I'm wrong, but the management aren't under any obligation to give these interviews? If that is the case it would be easy enough for them to refuse, even if it did look awful to us fans.

McGlynn makes a tit of him self and some r saying don't post the interview in full ? 

So after someone was an utter dick to you, the guys at RaithTV should waste more time making him look good!? The interview would have been pointless if that was the case.

Manager is in the wrong here not the folks at RaithTV all credit to them and thanks for what you all do for us and the club we're lucky to have them!!!

McGlynn should be coming out and say sorry, if any player did it he would make them come out and apologise for having a reekin attitude. 

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but the management aren't under any obligation to give these interviews? If that is the case it would be easy enough for them to refuse, even if it did look awful to us fans.

To be honest I don’t know the answer about them being obligated, maybe one of my other colleagues does, but I’ve been there when Managers of other clubs have decided not to do interviews for their ‘Club TV’ and, as you can tell from our output, John has always made the time to speak to us and let the fans know his reaction regardless of the result.

Edited by Roath Raver

I've just watched the interview - jeezo, you lot are a sensitive bunch. It's nothing out of the ordinary. Aye, he's a bit curt with the 'Can you count?' comment, but I hear worse from James McPake on DeeTV on a weekly basis. There's no snideness intended, he's clearly just frustrated, which you'd want to see from your manager after a defeat, surely?

I've just watched the interview - jeezo, you lot are a sensitive bunch. It's nothing out of the ordinary. Aye, he's a bit curt with the 'Can you count?' comment, but I hear worse from James McPake on DeeTV on a weekly basis. There's no snideness intended, he's clearly just frustrated, which you'd want to see from your manager after a defeat, surely?

I think the negative comments are to do with the interviewer being a volunteer.

Storm in a teacup. I’d expect McGlynn to say sorry when he sees the interviewer again.

I’d be more worried if he wasn’t raging after losing two late goals to lose the game.

2 hours ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Not seen the interview.

David Hancock posted a photo of his car on the RaithTV Facebook page which had an ‘AYE’ sticker on it.

I like RaithTV but there’s absolutely no need to show off their political agendas.

Won’t be watching another video from them again.

Where do you even start with this? 

Regarding the interview; McGlynn lost his composure.

I admire Davie's professionalism up against the sheer contempt that McGlynn displayed. 

Just now, Scary Bear said:

I think the negative comments are to do with the interviewer being a volunteer.

Storm in a teacup. I’d expect McGlynn to say sorry when he sees the interviewer again.

I’d be more worried if he wasn’t raging after losing two late goals to lose the game.

It's the same with DeeTV, we've had Alex Rae, Jocky Scott, Barry Smith, John Brown, Paul Hartley, Neil McCann, Jim McIntyre & James McPake all have worse moments than that nothing episode and no-one has batted an eyelid. You either expect raw honesty (And with that comes the occasional snide comment which isn't intended) or you get benign, boring same old, same old.

Its really not difficult to display raw honesty without being a total dick to someome. Especially someone who had travelled to Dingwall and Stranraer in the space of a few days, to provide the fans with this service. 

Its really not difficult to display raw honesty without being a total dick to someome. Especially someone who had travelled to Dingwall and Stranraer in the space of a few days, to provide the fans with this service. 

You’re aware that not every human being has the same character traits as you?

Also, what is raw honesty?

50 minutes ago, Hadji said:

McGlynn makes a tit of him self and some r saying don't post the interview in full ? 

So after someone was an utter dick to you, the guys at RaithTV should waste more time making him look good!? The interview would have been pointless if that was the case.

Manager is in the wrong here not the folks at RaithTV all credit to them and thanks for what you all do for us and the club we're lucky to have them!!!

McGlynn should be coming out and say sorry, if any player did it he would make them come out and apologise for having a reekin attitude. 

Folk are saying that as it's an official club video, on the official club website, making the manager of the club look like a bit of a dick. It's not great for the club and at the end of the day, it certainly isn't going to do anything to get anyone back on side with the manager. 

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You’re aware that not every human being has the same character traits as you?

Also, what is raw honesty?

Mcglynn has shown plenty times, over both his tenures, the ability to be angry over a result yet not speak to folk like shit. 

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Looking at this from another angle, I don't see why McGlynn should be able to act like a dick and then it's just edited out as if it didn't happen. 

It's unprofessional and is hopefully the last time we're discussing this. McGlynn being embarrassed about this and not doing it again would be a good outcome. 

This

John Hughes esque stuff from McGlynn. He sounds like a man who's under serious pressure and I'm quite surprised there aren't more Raith fans calling for his head.

I can't help but feel he's dining off of previous success at Raith. A win rate of 45% in League 1 for a (mostly) full-time side is pretty poor. For context, Barry Smith's was 55%...

John Hughes esque stuff from McGlynn. He sounds like a man who's under serious pressure and I'm quite surprised there aren't more Raith fans calling for his head.

I can't help but feel he's dining off of previous success at Raith. A win rate of 45% in League 1 for a (mostly) full-time side is pretty poor. For context, Barry Smith's was 55%...

Behave yourself. It’s nothing like Hughes’s meltdown. We are second in the league after 3 games. Exactly where we realistically hope to be come the end of the season.

Behave yourself. It’s nothing like Hughes’s meltdown. We are second in the league after 3 games. Exactly where we realistically hope to be come the end of the season.
What rubbish. We've played three of the worst teams in the league. Wait until the likes of East Fife, Forfar and Falkirk get a shot at us. We will be lucky to even make the play offs with McGlynn in charge.

As for the interview, the questions asked were exactly what any reasonable interviewer should ask and make a change from the hopeless fluff put out by the FFP each week. If McGlynn can't handle that he should do us all a favour and find another job.

I mean it can't be directly compared to the John Hughes slaughtering of players mid relegation battle, but it's Hughes esque in the sense he's completely lost the plot and sounds like a man under very serious pressure.

He also comes across as a complete arsehole. Another John Hughes trait.

Yer man McGlynn is struggling big time, and that interview confirms it. His away record is absolute honky tonk.

40 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He certainly got off lightly last season, that's for sure. Probably for that exact reason. 

He has nowhere to hide this time around. 

Edited by Michael W