The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Pretty sure Raith TV more than funds itself from the subscribers it gets. While I admire the time the boys give up I don’t think they’re doing it out their own pockets, as some seem to think.

We travel to games on our own dime. The money we generate goes into the club, some of it comes back out to pay for new equipment but a lot of our stuff is also donated from our kind sponsors and supporters. Some volunteers may also rearrange work shifts to make sure we have appropriate cover. So the more people who subscribe, in a sense, the more money goes into the club.

Mcglynn needs to have a word with himself regarding the interview.

For me, for the 3rd goal the midfield were caught too far up the pitch which allowed stranraer to run through easily. Although mcgurn made the save for the 3rd goal you could go as far as saying it's another clanger from him this week.

I'd still say it's a good start to the season and that we were just unlucky not to get anything out of the Stranraer game. We have players coming back that will improve the squad. This stands us in good stead. Big performance this week at home and we'll kick on from there.

We travel to games on our own dime. The money we generate goes into the club, some of it comes back out to pay for new equipment but a lot of our stuff is also donated from our kind sponsors and supporters. Some volunteers may also rearrange work shifts to make sure we have appropriate cover. So the more people who subscribe, in a sense, the more money goes into the club.
Iv said it before and I'll say it again, everyone involved does a fantastic job and it is appreciated by all fans (I'd imagine)

Not seen the interview.

David Hancock posted a photo of his car on the RaithTV Facebook page which had an ‘AYE’ sticker on it.

I like RaithTV but there’s absolutely no need to show off their political agendas.

Won’t be watching another video from them again.

I hope this is a piss take from the previous post about the Sturgeon interview...

Would have been wise to edit out the comment about the defence. Anyone watching that back would know it would generate a load of debate and in the end turn attention to the managers conduct, when that really doesn't need to be the case. 

That doesn't excuse Mcglynn, he should know better for sure, and not meant as a dig to the Raith Tv crew who do a load of work, but I can't believe nobody has stepped in and suggested a wee tweak to that. You can't put that kind of interview into the public domain and not expect some frenzied discussions. 

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:
16 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Iv said it before and I'll say it again, everyone involved does a fantastic job and it is appreciated by all fans (I'd imagine)

I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but I am involved primarily because I love the Rovers. Been a supporter since I was 7 and wanted to give back to a club who has given me so many memories. You guys are luckily, when we get beat and I'm not at the game I have to watch it again multiple times! Not exactly how I wanted to spend a few hours on the last day of my holidays! Seems like the team posting the full post match interview has divided some opinion and willing to take any fair criticism on board.  Definitely wasn't put up as anything other than to let fans hear John's thoughts on the match. Personally, and this is completely my own opinion, it is interesting that some supporters would like us to not post or heavily edit post match interviews whereas others would like even more 'hard hitting' questions some weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but I am involved primarily because I love the Rovers. Been a supporter since I was 7 and wanted to give back to a club who has given me so many memories. You guys are luckily, when we get beat and I'm not at the game I have to watch it again multiple times! Not exactly how I wanted to spend a few hours on the last day of my holidays! Seems like the team posting the full post match interview has divided some opinion and willing to take any fair criticism on board.  Definitely wasn't put up as anything other than to let fans hear John's thoughts on the match. Personally, and this is completely my own opinion, it is interesting that some supporters would like us to not post or heavily edit post match interviews whereas others would like even more 'hard hitting' questions some weeks. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!! Can't win sometimes.

IPersonally, and this is completely my own opinion, it is interesting that some supporters would like us to not post or heavily edit post match interviews whereas others would like even more 'hard hitting' questions some weeks. 

I think that’s part and parcel of running something for public consumption, you’ll never please everyone and it would be foolish to even try!

I certainly understand not wanting to edit every bit of negativity out, that would seriously dampen the entire point of the interviews. But on this occasion with emotions running high all it’s done is provoked a large debate with fans, put a bit more pressure on the manager and the video is being clipped and punted around Twitter etc for fans of other clubs to chuckle at. Not really sure what the merit in that is personally, and I doubt if the club had any oversight on these things it would’ve been allowed. It’s a PR own goal, even if the fault is ultimately with McGlynn himself for coming the c**t a little bit. A couple of five second edits of the ‘can you count’ bit and the part about the defenders could’ve just saved all the aggro.

But then others will see it differently. It was an interview, he said it, slap it up. I get that. But for me it’s a bit of a situation that would’ve been best avoided.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

I think that’s part and parcel of running something for public consumption, you’ll never please everyone and it would be foolish to even try!

I certainly understand not wanting to edit every bit of negativity out, that would seriously dampen the entire point of the interviews. But on this occasion with emotions running high all it’s done is provoked a large debate with fans, put a bit more pressure on the manager and the video is being clipped and punted around Twitter etc for fans of other clubs to chuckle at. Not really sure what the merit in that is personally, and I doubt if the club had any oversight on these things it would’ve been allowed. It’s a PR own goal, even if the fault is ultimately with McGlynn himself for coming the c**t a little bit. A couple of five second edits of the ‘can you count’ bit and the part about the defenders could’ve just saved all the aggro.

But then others will see it differently. It was an interview, he said if, slap it up. But for me it’s a bit of a situation that would’ve been best avoided.

Pretty much how I feel. Fans are discussing a managers conduct rather than the game, which can't be great for anyone. 

11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Would have been wise to edit out the comment about the defence. Anyone watching that back would know it would generate a load of debate and in the end turn attention to the managers conduct, when that really doesn't need to be the case. 

That doesn't excuse Mcglynn, he should know better for sure, and not meant as a dig to the Raith Tv crew who do a load of work, but I can't believe nobody has stepped in and suggested a wee tweak to that. You can't put that kind of interview into the public domain and not expect some frenzied discussions. 

Wow.

Having just watched the interview, I reckon you'ld have to wipe out four of the six minutes in order to  save your manager looking as ignorant as he did. 

From his comment about a defender on just over the two minute mark, to asking if the interviewer could count, to how he reacted about big deals and getting excited, to continually looking away from the camera , to dissing the inquiry about injuries by saying "not gonna change", his whole demeanour was one of utter contempt for the interviewer.

That needs a lot more than a "wee tweak".

Our own TV volunteers had a similar problem with Paul Hartley. It not only shone through in interviews, but was highlighted when the volunteers made some extremely gleeful comments on social media after it was announced that he'd been sacked.   

If the volunteers don't have their work edited by a club official before publishing then they were right to put it out in full. If someone talked to me as if I were a piece of shit I'd want the world to know about it too. 

Looking at this from another angle, I don't see why McGlynn should be able to act like a dick and then it's just edited out as if it didn't happen. 

It's unprofessional and is hopefully the last time we're discussing this. McGlynn being embarrassed about this and not doing it again would be a good outcome. 

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Wow.

Having just watched the interview, I reckon you'ld have to wipe out four of the six minutes in order to  save your manager looking as ignorant as he did. 

From his comment about a defender on just over the two minute mark, to asking if the interviewer could count, to how he reacted about big deals and getting excited, to continually looking away from the camera , to dissing the inquiry about injuries by saying "not gonna change", his whole demeanour was one of utter contempt for the interviewer.

That needs a lot more than a "wee tweak".

Our own TV volunteers had a similar problem with Paul Hartley. It not only shone through in interviews, but was highlighted when the volunteers made some extremely gleeful comments on social media after it was announced that he'd been sacked.   

If the volunteers don't have their work edited by a club official before publishing then they were right to put it out in full. If someone talked to me as if I were a piece of shit I'd want the world to know about it too. 

I get most of that, but volunteers are still producing content on behalf of the club, for the clubs official website. I personally don't think that video in its current state is in the best interest of the club. Probably backed up by the fact fans of other clubs are watching and commenting on it. 

Cut out the part about the defence and "can you count" and its just standard post defeat Mcglynn.