The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Mcglynns interview is absolutely awful. Dreadful stuff from him towards someone who travels up and down the country to give the fans some content like that. 

As much of a fan as I am, he comes across as wn absolute fool there. 

It's certainly soured my opinion of him. I can't speak for Davie (or any of the other members of RaithTV), but if I was travelling up and down Scotland on my own coin for a good number of years, volunteering time to set up equipment and then waiting after games to do interviews, only to get responses like that I'd be saying "f**k that for a laugh". 

Fair enough, you've seen your team lose from a winning position, your board are running on the strictest possible budget and you're just out the dressing room but there's no need to have a go at someone who's doing something for the benefit of the club on their own back.  

His responses benefit nobody at the club. It makes McGlynn look like a c**t, it deters volunteers and it leaves fans raising questions. 

I can’t work out the decision making progress behind actually posting that onto the fucking internet. Would you ever see an interview like that come from somewhere with a PR department? So much of the media output is fantastic from the club but this is so stupid.

It's the managers responsibility to speak to his own website, media outlets. It shows a lack of professionalism if he cant conduct himself in a proper manner regardless of the result. Fans want answers and he is the spokesperson and the most responsible.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I can’t work out the decision making progress behind actually posting that onto the fucking internet. Would you ever see an interview like that come from somewhere with a PR department? So much of the media output is fantastic from the club but this is so stupid.

It would be easy and probably sensible to edit it out, as now it has people talking about and questioning the managers conduct. 

That McGlynn interview was almost as bad, albeit in a different way, as the infamous John Hughes one.

Yeah, it seems crazy that’s been plastered over the website. Understand McGlynn should never have spoken like that and obviously it’s all his own fault... but that seems really strange to me.

I’m sure he’ll realise he was a tit. No real need to show the world.

It’s not a great interview from McGlynn and there’s never a need to be so curt to our own people but I’m sure we’ve all had moments in our professional lives where we’ve reacted like that. He seems fine up until the point where the defence is questioned. Those on here who were actually at the game said that individually there wasn’t a defender you could point to and say he had a bad game. Seems to me like the issue was perhaps boys further up the pitch perhaps overcommitting. So to ask him to criticise players (“the defence”) who didn’t necessarily do anything wrong would perhaps irritate you. The question is a bit of an oversimplification. I’ll say again that his reaction is poor and I’m sure he be embarrassed watching that back. I’m amazed Raith TV actually put that out tbh. At least John cares, you could never doubt or question that.

People would be asking questions if wasn't put online. Whether McGlynn comes across as an arse or not isn't really here nor there - he should know better than that and should provide one of the usual excuses if he doesn't like the question. 

Coming across as a dick because his sacred defensive partnership has been questioned isn't on. A handy hint here, John: stop the team conceding so many goals and your defensive selections won't be questioned  

It's certainly soured my opinion of him. I can't speak for Davie (or any of the other members of RaithTV), but if I was travelling up and down Scotland on my own coin for a good number of years, volunteering time to set up equipment and then waiting after games to do interviews, only to get responses like that I'd be saying "f**k that for a laugh". 

Pretty sure Raith TV more than funds itself from the subscribers it gets. While I admire the time the boys give up I don’t think they’re doing it out their own pockets, as some seem to think.

PR disaster or folk asking why there was no interview? Come on...

Indeed. There could’ve been a kinder edit, or there might’ve been ‘technical difficulties’. Where there’s a will, there’s a way, but clearly no will on this occasion.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

PR disaster or folk asking why there was no interview? Come on...

But is it a PR disaster for the coach to be seen as pissed off and frustrated? Or is it a subtle unsubtle way to pass a message to the players and the Board?

On the plus side, outside of Mendy, we’ll see the gaffer’s worst 11 on Tuesday. Might be enlightening.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Pretty sure Raith TV more than funds itself from the subscribers it gets. While I admire the time the boys give up I don’t think they’re doing it out their own pockets, as some seem to think.

Journeys to Dumbarton, Dingwall and Stranraer in a fortnight, I can guarantee that the money for fuel comes out of their own pockets.

I have it on very good authority (wife knows his sister in law very well) that he watches every game back when he gets home after a match. If that's the case, surely he can see the defensive issues very clearly??