The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

They are an example of where he has fixed our frailties which is why I chucked them in. From what iv seen of them so far far both davo and bene have actually been playing better this season. They both still have mistakes in them. What strikes me though is we don't really have the defenders or even midfielders who are chucking their body's in front of everything which was a big part in why mcglynn was a success in the past.

So its down the coaching or players not carrying out mangers instructions or players are just not up to it,no leadership

Every player at every level has a mistake in them

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
1 hour ago, ewan_fife said:

Who would you would bring in?

What's it to you?

Perfectly reasonable question. You want your manager sacked 3 games in and 2nd top. 

Expectations to high = destined to fail. 

40 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Perfectly reasonable question. You want your manager sacked 3 games in and 2nd top. 

Why is an East Fife supporter so interested?

Anyway,why you up so late,have you pissed the bed in excitement of your brothers in arms visiting tomorrow

It,ll be like last night at the proms 

36 minutes ago, Elnamaw said:

As per game talk the team is reflective of the budget - playoffs at best - central defence too slow however what is the alternative giving the financial resources available?

If its refelective of budget we should be blowing away most teams in the league

We’re not going to win the league, and never were, by rights of Falkirk landing down here. If we can finish 2nd or even a close 3rd again then really that’s fine to be honest. The game today sounds a lot like the 3-2 up at Forfar last year, which isn’t terrible as I felt that game was one we’d kick on from but alas it’s took Hendry from us and we all know the rest. Stranraer isn’t an easy place at the best of times, if we don’t get a good result next week then maybe we can be a smidge concerned but I fancy we’ll be fine.

Ro Sham Bo though, he has proven himself to be an idiot on here time and again. It is best to just to ignore his dribblings and droolings.

28 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Why is an East Fife supporter so interested?

Anyway,why you up so late,have you pissed the bed in excitement of your brothers in arms visiting tomorrow

It,ll be like last night at the proms 

I'm just baffled that you want to boot a manager so early doors yet you haven idea who you'd replace him with.

I have reached the conclusion you are fucking clueless and should have stuck with Barry Smith.

night night x

22 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

I'm just baffled that you want to boot a manager so early doors yet you haven idea who you'd replace him with.

I have reached the conclusion you are fucking clueless and should have stuck with Barry Smith.

night night x

Smith resigned.

32 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Said this morning that the Stranraer game today was an early indication of whether we were genuine title contenders or not.  The result today suggests we aren’t. The question now becomes can we do anything in the play offs. 

It suggests that without changes we may not be, but it doesn’t rule out the ability to improve. The question is can we and how. Mendy, for all of use slagging him off, is still properly untested at this level, and the possibility of additional players, via loan, for center defense is not ruled out. It’s not time to jump off a cliff, yet.

7 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

I don't think it's too much to expect to beat the likes of Stranraer, a team with about 50 fans who barely deserve to be a league club, when we are 2-1 up inside the last 10 minutes. It's also not too much to expect us to be ahead of the likes of Arbroath and Forfar over a 36 game season, but we can't manage that either. This might even be the season that you lot manage to finish above us. We are a shambles and I blame McGlynn entirely.

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

9 hours ago, graeme_p said:

Can we just stop referring to success of the past. McGlynn was a failure in his first term he took THREE  seasons to get us promoted. THREE seasons is not a success

I've read some bizarre posts in my time on P&B and this is up there with the best/worst. 

Surely you don't believe that? 

7 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If its refelective of budget we should be blowing away most teams in the league

Is our budget that big?

We lost Jason Thomson to Arbroath last year as we were offering him dreadful wages. 

Almost every player brought in this season has come in from a "smaller" club, other than Hendry. 

Our attendances and therefore gate income will be far higher than anyone other than Falkirk, but few teams at this level have the level of debt we have. 

Without having seen the numbers, I would be surprised if the gap was as big as some people think. 

How can you pass judgement on Smith's competence as an assistant? Has he been an assistant to you in the past? And I don't think many of us have played "probfoitball".

These points, along with McGlynn being a "failure" 1st time around suggest you are taking all of this far too personally and maybe need to take a break.

What next? Too many gulls at Stark's?

McGlynn thinking Mendy is a football player is on a par with him thinking Smith is an assistant. 
There is a reason Mendy had never played probfoitball. 
There is a reason why Smith wasn't working in football. 
Both useless but both rated by McClown. 

That’s a blow, no two ways about that.

Still, what can you do? Strap yourself in, hope for the best but prepare yourself for another season awaiting the dreaded play-offs. I fucking hate those things.

C’mon John, get it together! It’ll be open letters next, you’ve been warned!

2-1 up with 7 minutes to go and we can’t even get the draw. Duh, duh, duh, duh, fucking useless.

57 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Is our budget that big?

We lost Jason Thomson to Arbroath last year as we were offering him dreadful wages. 

Almost every player brought in this season has come in from a "smaller" club, other than Hendry. 

Our attendances and therefore gate income will be far higher than anyone other than Falkirk, but few teams at this level have the level of debt we have. 

Without having seen the numbers, I would be surprised if the gap was as big as some people think. 

We lost Thomson because he felt the time was right to go to uni and Arbroath offered him the best part time deal.

Ro Sham Bo though, he has proven himself to be an idiot on here time and again. It is best to just to ignore his dribblings and droolings.

Not sure when he decided to become a third-rate Superhans but I’m looking forward to a 12 year old taking responsibility. It can be the only explanation.

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

We lost Thomson because he felt the time was right to go to uni and Arbroath offered him the best part time deal.

I'm sure he was also quoted somewhere saying he couldn't live off the wage we offered him,as it was reduced terms. 

Edited by CALDERON

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I'm sure he was also quoted somewhere saying he couldn't live off the wage we offered him,as it was reduced terms. 

Yep. Basically what we could afford to offer him wasn't enough for him to stay in full time football.

Naturally another season down here leads to yet more harsh realities coming to the fore, but at least we have embraced the hybrid model acknowledging where we are.