The New Raith Rovers Thread

It is what it is this season unfortunately. We're going to have weeks we can't fill the bench and like last night struggle to get 3 subs. If it had been a league game I'm confident we would have had more players ready to play but rightly they've been rested. This cup is an absolute joke these days and I can't commend the people who travelled and managed to put on the usual raith TV stuff enough. Some players taking a half day at their work to make it aswell. Hopefully we can make a bit out of the Falkirk game and be done with this tournament.

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Two other players included in squad last night were also carrying injuries 

Add Bowie,Victoria,Mendy to Vaughan,Dingwall and Thomson our injury list just seems to mirror previous years

Not as bad yet, would expect the first three back in the next couple of weeks max. 

No room for any more tho, and i would feel less confident for the season if we couldn't even bring in a couple loans. 

That said, we have young players, and they would easily be able to match the contribution of Crane etc. 

Concussion protocol is a 2 week valuation from the date of diagnosis, Mendy wasn’t diagnosed until before the Dumbarton game (that was the 1st game he missed?) so if passed fit he should be available for a seat on the bench on Saturday I’d think. Bowie was said to be ulikely to be fit for Saturday so he too may be on the bench.  Not having the option of Victoria is a pity, especially after getting his 1st goal last week.

Hope the two injuries carried in the squad from Dingwall are at least in positions where we have some semblance of cover.

Concussion protocol is a 2 week valuation from the date of diagnosis, Mendy wasn’t diagnosed until before the Dumbarton game (that was the 1st game he missed?) so if passed fit he should be available for a seat on the bench on Saturday I’d think. Bowie was said to be ulikely to be fit for Saturday so he too may be on the bench.  Not having the option of Victoria is a pity, especially after getting his 1st goal last week.

Hope the two injuries carried in the squad from Dingwall are at least in positions where we have some semblance of cover.

If it wasn't bad enough Dingwall has two injuries now

On a serious note, can anyone shed some light as to why it took so long to diagnose mendy?

3 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I was watching Tony Dingwall training on Saturday. He was doing hops over wee hurdles and seemed to pull up a bit when on his right leg. 

Straight after, he was doing runs with quick changes of direction and seemed to be fine. 

Strange. 

He was also fine yesterday whilst doing pre game runs with Mendy.