The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've just read an article where John McGinn said he hated playing at Starks Park.
I remember years ago Paul Gascoigne saying he loved playing in Kdy and loved the atmosphere, is Starks Park like marmite to players?
Is Gazzas memory rose tinted as they pumped us a couple of times and McGinn has shivers down his spine as a result of tougher games? Who knows [emoji23]

I've just read an article where John McGinn said he hated playing at Starks Park.
I remember years ago Paul Gascoigne saying he loved playing in Kdy and loved the atmosphere, is Starks Park like marmite to players?
Is Gazzas memory rose tinted as they pumped us a couple of times and McGinn has shivers down his spine as a result of tougher games? Who knows [emoji23]

Is that the same Gazza that said he was good friends with Raul Moat? Wouldn’t take what he says to be gospel!

Did McGinn not also say in that article the pitch had a slope?

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Did McGinn not also say in that article the pitch had a slope?

As he prepares to walk out at Spurs' sparkling new stadium, McGinn revealed how memories of running out at venues such as Raith Rovers' Stark's Park still gives him the shivers.

"No disrespect to Raith but the dressing rooms are tiny, you clamber up steep metal steps to get there, the pitch is slanted and slopes towards one corner.

"It still gives me the shivers.

42 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

As he prepares to walk out at Spurs' sparkling new stadium, McGinn revealed how memories of running out at venues such as Raith Rovers' Stark's Park still gives him the shivers.

"No disrespect to Raith but the dressing rooms are tiny, you clamber up steep metal steps to get there, the pitch is slanted and slopes towards one corner.

What a prat. Hopefully he fails miserably at Villa.

Derek Adams used to hate Rovers winning the toss as he felt the South Stand made a big impact on the game if we were shooting towards it second half. 
It seems a few managers do with the amount of times we were swapped ends for ko last season.

That's how away dressing rooms should be. Why give away teams any semblance of luxury before a game.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

That's how away dressing rooms should be. Why give away teams any semblance of luxury before a game.

IIRC Jim Leishman had the heating disconnected in the away dressing room at Almondvale when he was manager.

Derek Adams used to hate Rovers winning the toss as he felt the South Stand made a big impact on the game if we were shooting towards it second half. 

‘sucked the ball into the net’ I believe was Adams quote when describing the Rovers fans when we were shooting towards the South Stand.

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:
24 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:
IIRC Jim Leishman had the heating disconnected in the away dressing room at Almondvale when he was manager.

That was probably just to boost his pension fund rather than annoy the away team.

He would have denied any knowledge of it.

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

‘sucked the ball into the net’ I believe was Adams quote when describing the Rovers fans when we were shooting towards the South Stand.

Funnily enough, after it was picked up in the press more and more teams started to do it. The season we won the league, and the season where we ran the Pars close both had fantastic atmospheres in the South Stand where it felt like there was a huge degree of positive energy n the support. You always felt that if the opposition scored, we'd go on and get another goal. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

You can notice the difference in dressing rooms when you do any stadium tour.

Arsenals home dressing room has a plunge pool, jacuzzi and shock absorbing flooring.

You can notice the difference in dressing rooms when you do any stadium tour.
Arsenals home dressing room has a plunge pool, jacuzzi and shock absorbing flooring.
The away dressing room is probably like buck House compared to our home dressing room.