The New Raith Rovers Thread

Looks like Ross loves Regan too. 

_20190810_203414.thumb.JPG.890681d68c3dfc5c14584759cd1f600b.JPG

Looks like it's ziggy he's trying to get stuck in about and regan is an unfortunate victim.

Got to the love the absolute pashun shown be ando today. Hopefully he continues to silence the people who questioned signing him. Top bloke and a model pro.

7 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Out of interest, why does Johnston not appeared to be liked by Raith Rovers supporters?

Apart from playing hide and seek the full season he was with us instead of football. He was universally forgotten about untill he started chattin shite on twitter despite playing in league two for annan he still thought he was billy big baws....

20190810_205351.jpg

Screenshot_20190810-205415_Gallery.jpg

Quite confident that if we had McGurn in goals for the last couple of years, we wouldn’t still be in this league. I doubted if he still had it in him but he’s still fantastic. Could probably say the same for Anderson.
I also think players like Allan and Miller don’t get the credit they deserve.

I know its early doors and we'll see weaknesses throughout the season but I'm absolutely delighted by the business we've done in the Summer.

Every single player barring Mendy and Allan feel like upgrades (and even with Alllan it would be highly difficult to replicate the goals and energy Nisbet brought).

McDonald has been a massive surprise. He's bombed up the wing and had far better deliveries into the box than Crane. Millar is easy as he's better than an empty shirt. In midfield we've got rid of the uncreative and ponderous duo of Wedderburn and Gillespie to bring in Regan Hendry (best midfielder we've had in years) and Brad Spencer who is fantastic both at getting stuck in and has shown a willingness to play the ball in behind. Spencer's assists for Ando both this and last week are incredible.

Ando is an easy upgrade on Duggan, who failed to make any impact (I think he's on the same number of league goals this season already as Duggan got last term). We've yet to see the best from Victoria who looks like he'll be a confidence player. He took a bit of stick when he came on but still got a goal.

Smith and Bowie are excellent too adding more competition. Bowie is miles ahead of his age and a really a special talent. Jack Smith deserves credit too. Even when he broke free before his goal yesterday he had a chance to shoot but went for a cut back rather than being greedy. It feels much more like a McGlynn team where they'll look to act as a unit rather than individuals.

We're looking a lot more balanced, but its early days. I'd be astonished if we won the league given Falkirk's resources but it's nice to see a team which isn't overly negative or involving Nathan Flanagan.

I know its early doors and we'll see weaknesses throughout the season but I'm absolutely delighted by the business we've done in the Summer.

Every single player barring Mendy and Allan feel like upgrades (and even with Alllan it would be highly difficult to replicate the goals and energy Nisbet brought).

McDonald has been a massive surprise. He's bombed up the wing and had far better deliveries into the box than Crane. Millar is easy as he's better than an empty shirt. In midfield we've got rid of the uncreative and ponderous duo of Wedderburn and Gillespie to bring in Regan Hendry (best midfielder we've had in years) and Brad Spencer who is fantastic both at getting stuck in and has shown a willingness to play the ball in behind. Spencer's assists for Ando both this and last week are incredible.

Ando is an easy upgrade on Duggan, who failed to make any impact (I think he's on the same number of league goals this season already as Duggan got last term). We've yet to see the best from Victoria who looks like he'll be a confidence player. He took a bit of stick when he came on but still got a goal.

Smith and Bowie are excellent too adding more competition. Bowie is miles ahead of his age and a really a special talent. Jack Smith deserves credit too. Even when he broke free before his goal yesterday he had a chance to shoot but went for a cut back rather than being greedy. It feels much more like a McGlynn team where they'll look to act as a unit rather than individuals.

We're looking a lot more balanced, but its early days. I'd be astonished if we won the league given Falkirk's resources but it's nice to see a team which isn't overly negative or involving Nathan Flanagan.

Agree wholeheartedly about everything you said, apart from the Duggan bit. He was seriously unfortunate with injuries. He did make an impact when he was available. I just want us to kick on now. We will hit some peaks and troughs throughout the season. A few good loans in key positions will help.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Like you say its early days but if feels like an actual team, as opposed to a random assortment of individuals. 

Losing Nisbet was a blow, but if we keep Hendry, Spencer, Vaughan and Dingwall fit and in form - I would far rather that.