The New Raith Rovers Thread

50 minutes ago, greggyt1985 said:

David bates has signed for sheff Wednesday on loan.decent move for him

You think? Have to admit that seems like a bit of a backwards move for him. Don't get me wrong, Bundesliga 2 is s bit shite but he'd been getting games for a while I thought.

You think? Have to admit that seems like a bit of a backwards move for him. Don't get me wrong, Bundesliga 2 is s bit shite but he'd been getting games for a while I thought.
Not sure if he had played as much after January. Just a hazy recollection of someone telling me something along those lines though rather than fact. As long as the guy is getting regular games at a decent level it isn't a bad move.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
8 minutes ago, renton said:

Not sure if he had played as much after January. Just a hazy recollection of someone telling me something along those lines though rather than fact. As long as the guy is getting regular games at a decent level it isn't a bad move.

Aye, just figured he'd be more likely to progress technically in Germany than in England. I mean the style of play over the border is similar enough that he'd be more in his comfort zone as a centre back coming recently from top of Scottish football into English championship. Over there he'd be more likely to learn a different style but if they don't fancy him then fair fucks.

Aye, just figured he'd be more likely to progress technically in Germany than in England. I mean the style of play over the border is similar enough that he'd be more in his comfort zone as a centre back coming recently from top of Scottish football into English championship. Over there he'd be more likely to learn a different style but if they don't fancy him then fair fucks.
It's probably the easy route for him to take moving back to the UK but if he's been told he's not getting game time in Germany and that's his best offer then fair fucks to the guy. I doubt any of us would have seen him having the career he has had so far.

It turns out Mendy has been concussed since the Cowdenbeath friendly. I'm going to wildly clutch at straws and convince myself that's the reason he's been hopeless in every game he's played since then.
Quite worrying that it wasn't picked up at the time. Hopefully the big man is on the mend and can get back to showing us he's a good player.

JMcG saying into September for Vaughan and Dingwall and both doing great. You would think that means the Peterhead at Home game on the 14th will be the target for first team game time. That means they will have missed 5 league games, which all in all isn’t a huge disaster if they stay fit from then on.

If we can grind out some more wins in the next 4 games until they are back it will be a great start with those two to push us on.