The New Raith Rovers Thread

Surely won't see him for a couple of weeks yet? Still though, be properly good to have him back. I think Bowie is a great prospect, and Allan will be useful (allowing for his howler on Saturday, was he injured at half time or was McGlynn just being uncharacteristically ruthless?) but Vaughan's hopefully going to be the guy who makes it all work.
Anyone got any idea why Mendy wasn't even on the bench on Saturday?

Going out on loan to Kelty Hearts

Thanks for Nisbet guys. Despite many of your concerns, he looks a great player at championship level and has been offering a lot more to the team than just scoring goals.
I was at a thing yesterday where John Hughes was speaking. He was asked who he thought the up and coming players to watch were. He's a big fan of Nesbit.

So, it's the Ross County U-21s away in the shitey Tunnocks cup then.

Which side won the Live the Dream game at the weekend, could we not send them out to play this tie instead of our first team?

2 hours ago, renton said:

So, it's the Ross County U-21s away in the shitey Tunnocks cup then.

Which side won the Live the Dream game at the weekend, could we not send them out to play this tie instead of our first team?

Genius idea. Let the guys actually live the dream and save our players from this pish tournament 

On 06/08/2019 at 11:27, Wildrover said:

Well said DJD, nothing to do with politics but two very successful women coming to Starks Park and giving the girls an inspirational talk, well done the Rovers.

On 06/08/2019 at 10:57, Double Jack D said:

Just watched the video with Sturgeon and McDermid, very impressive and good to see the club promoting things like this. McDermids story about how she got into Oxford is extraordinary and the frank talk from both about their insecurities coming from working class Scottish backgrounds is quite humbling.

Don't want to bring politics to this thread but found it quite an inspiring watch.

Just finished watching the whole video and couldn't agree more - an excellent discussion. The openness about their insecurities (of working class roots and having a regional non-bbc radio 4 accent, impostor syndrome etc.) and the historic and contemporary barriers there are for women/girls (but not just) to believe in themselves, achieve and break into areas that are 'not for people like you' was great to hear. A truly inspiring talk and one that if I had a children I would be delighted to show them. Brilliant Raith Rovers hosted the event and is now developing women and girls football. 

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

25 minutes ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

Disappointing to see zero loan options

Still plenty time to add loan players. The Scottish Premiership transfer window is open till the 2nd September. We may need to be patient till those teams complete their business before they send players out. 

Ideally, the sooner we can get them in the better obviously. But if we have to be patient to get some real quality then so be it. The loan transfer window is open till the end September and it wasn’t till then we added Hendry last year and Dumbarton got Thomas. I’d rather we waited to get that type of quality than rush out and get someone for the sake of it.