The New Raith Rovers Thread

Your owed f**k all. He left under a clause in his contract that if your we’re shite he didn’t have to stick around a witness another year in league 1 with the rest of you diddies.

We didn’t just randomly sign players that are under contract, you can’t get them registered for a start.

Edit-I’ve see a couple of quotes from rovers claiming their entitled to training compensation.

A) this is an odd situation as he was released from his contract, not the normal moving on at the end of your contract so I doubt any tribunal will look favourably on that, possible even refusing to hear any case. I will have been difficult for rovers to follow the correct procedures as these are all based around a player’s contract coming to and end.

B) 1 years training compensation for a league 1 player amounts to a bag of balls and maybe a few bibs if your lucky.

Edited and still don’t have a clue what you are talking about you ding.

Pars fans wetting themselves over the “thanks for Nisbet” patter are tragic.

Player leaving for another team shocker, especially one just up the road

Question for the group - if Lewis Vaughan was to return to fitness tomorrow, how would you slot him back into the team?

Dingwall, presumably, could go into the current preferred formation in place of either Bowie or Anderson, but Vaughan's "number ten" role doesn't currently exist.

Do you retain the current midfield three and put Vaughan in instead of Allan, using him as more of a false nine, bringing Anderson and Bowie into the game even more?

Does a midfield diamond with Vaughan at the tip mean you're not getting the most out of Hendry? Or do you straight-swap Vaughan for Spencer or Matthews and ask him to exercise a little more midfield discipline?

Question for the group - if Lewis Vaughan was to return to fitness tomorrow, how would you slot him back into the team?

Dingwall, presumably, could go into the current preferred formation in place of either Bowie or Anderson, but Vaughan's "number ten" role doesn't currently exist.

When Dingwall arrived, he said his preferred position was 'the ten'. I'm presuming he will fit in out wide, and Vaughan probably the same but drifting in.
As much as Lewis Allan didn't impress before he was hooked yesterday, he's still a focal point up top and I'd imagine McGlynn won't stop using him anytime soon but at home, where we'll probably try keep the ball on the deck a lot more, would it be a massive surprise to see either of them (Dingwall and/or Vaughan) playing as an out and out forward?

I'm unsure how both Vaughan and Dingwall will be eased back in, but at some point down the line I wouldn't be surprised to find our best formation being a front 3. Bowie at CF, Vaughan at No 10, Dingwall coming in from the wing. That'd leave Ando and Allan on the bench of course.

Your owed f**k all. He left under a clause in his contract that if your we’re shite he didn’t have to stick around a witness another year in league 1 with the rest of you diddies.

We didn’t just randomly sign players that are under contract, you can’t get them registered for a start.

Edit-I’ve see a couple of quotes from rovers claiming their entitled to training compensation.

A) this is an odd situation as he was released from his contract, not the normal moving on at the end of your contract so I doubt any tribunal will look favourably on that, possible even refusing to hear any case. I will have been difficult for rovers to follow the correct procedures as these are all based around a player’s contract coming to and end.

B) 1 years training compensation for a league 1 player amounts to a bag of balls and maybe a few bibs if your lucky.

Rattled AF

Vaughan will be back in the team as soon as he's fit. 

Along with Hendry he's a class above anyone else in the team and pretty much the rest of the league. 

I think some need to temper their expectations of Bowie - he's progressing at a fantastic rate, but like all teenagers his form will peak and dip a bit over the season and he'll have a couple of spells on the bench - in the same way as Jason Dair and Stevie Crawford did all those years ago and I sincerely hope if he does hit a wee dip that the fans stay onside and don't start slaughtering him. 

Having Vaughan, Dingwall, Allan, Bowie, Smith and Victoria gives us plenty options to change shape during a game as well as from game to game. It should hopefully make us less predictable. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

Fair play to Mcglynn for bringing Smith on at half time. Didn't see a massive amount of the ball, but worked tirelessly to try and force the play in their half. 

Absolutely. The temptation to put on Victoria instead must've been massive, but the switch to 4-4-2 with Bowie and Smith playing as out-and-out strikers moved the game 15 yards closer to Dumbarton's goal and really gave us a much better grip on the game.

Just now, Specky Ginger said:

Vaughan will be back in the team as soon as he's fit. 

Along with Hendry he's a class above anyone else in the team and pretty much the rest of the league. 

I think some need to temper their expectations of Bowie - he's progressing at a fantastic rate, but like all teenagers his form will peak and dip a bit over the season and he'll have a couple of spells on the bench - in the same way as Jason Dair and Stevie Crawford did all those years ago. 

Having Vaughan, Dingwall, Allan, Bowie, Smith and Victoria gives us plenty options to change shape during a game as well as from game to game. It should hopefully make us less predictable. 

Bowie needs time to develop, but he looks well beyond his years already. Fantastic prospect. 

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:
2 hours ago, CALDERON said:
Fair play to Mcglynn for bringing Smith on at half time. Didn't see a massive amount of the ball, but worked tirelessly to try and force the play in their half. 

Absolutely. The temptation to put on Victoria instead must've been massive, but the switch to 4-4-2 with Bowie and Smith playing as out-and-out strikers moved the game 15 yards closer to Dumbarton's goal and really gave us a much better grip on the game.

Looking at the run up games, it seems the preferred use of Victoria is a late sub with pace to threaten a tired defense. I suspect a few more games to sort out exactly what we have up front will allow a better answer of how Vaughan will be eased back into play, possibly in a similar role. If he plays more than 15 to 20 minutes for the first couple of games, I’d be shocked, and I’d expect the opposing pitches to be a factor for the beginning too.

What the highlights made me wonder is have we been working on high balls into the box? The crosses seemed unusually close to the Goalie, all in the 2-4 yard from the line range, and I don’t see us getting as much from that as a cross to the edge of the goal box.

On 01/08/2019 at 22:16, Ro Sham Bo said:
On 01/08/2019 at 21:42, L. Brilliant said:
A poisonous witch, jfc
Val's a successful female and we're lucky enough that she gives her time and money to our club.  She ropes in the first minister of the country, also female, to come down and talk to a team of young women and girls, boost their confidence, show them how far women can go in life. 
Getting upset about that is off the chart mental

How far they can go in life? Pushing the country to the brink of ruin is some benchmark right enough. Anything that lot they spoke to last night achieve in life can only be an improvement.

RSB you're a thick c**t 

I thought the defence were fantastic second half yesterday, in part due to the tireless work up front forcing Dumbarton to be direct which was dealt with very well. Benedictus was superb winning everything in the air, and I thought he looked off it in the first half so fair play. 

That was the type of performance I thought we were going to see much more of when McGlynn came in. Not spectacular at all, but disciplined, organised and with a very high work rate. 

The young guys Smith and Bowie are still raw, but unlike a lot of previous young players, certainly look capable at this level and will have parts to play this season. 

Early days, (it can't be ignored that Dumbarton are a poor side) but enough to look forward to next week with a wee bit of enthusiasm at least.