The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Thankfully we are (almost) done with this competition and, to date NO INJURIES!!  

Let's hope McGlynn can sort out that defence.......................wow!!

He hasn't managed to sort it out in 9 months so wouldn't hold ma breath on him sorting it out in 7 days

9 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

R.R.F.C this !!! Screenshot_20190727_201910_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpeg.ed617b64680a56f8a536d5eccfabd57c.jpeg

Exactly he started at right back not centre back. My comment regarding him being ‘barely a right back’ was to do with his ability. I’m not going to stick the boot into him further because he’s a young lad who is trying his best he’s just not up to it.

Barry Smith have him a two year deal though so we are stuck with him and McGlynn was quite right to give him a chance in a dead rubber match against a newly promoted League Two side. 

Exactly he started at right back not centre back. My comment regarding him being ‘barely a right back’ was to do with his ability. I’m not going to stick the boot into him further because he’s a young lad who is trying his best he’s just not up to it.

Barry Smith have him a two year deal though so we are stuck with him and McGlynn was quite right to give him a chance in a dead rubber match against a newly promoted League Two side. 

I am not sticking the boot in either, quite the opposite. The manager is clearly looking to play him as a full back. Exactly the positions YOU say he can't play in. What are you missing here !! If you think he is not good enough JUST NOW then the best thing is a run of games elsewhere to develop him.

5 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I am not sticking the boot in either, quite the opposite. The manager is clearly looking to play him as a full back. Exactly the positions YOU say he can't play in. What are you missing here !! If you think he is not good enough JUST NOW then the best thing is a run of games elsewhere to develop him.

I have literally no idea what you are talking about. I think you are just looking for an argument with anyone tonight so this will be the last time I reply. 

Where else would he play him!? He IS a right back, he just isn’t a good one. Our first choice right back is injured. We only have two players that can play right back in the squad. Watson is one so McGlynn gave him a chance to prove himself in a dead rubber game against lower league opposition not sure what the problem is with that?

He didn’t take that chance and proved he probably isn’t good enough. He should go out on loan now for games to help his development at a lower level which he may well do. Very few teams loan players out before the league cup games are over. It’s used by managers to assess the squad ahead of the season. 

23 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Oh my goodness, are you high? Jamie Watson is a right back. He played right back today. Here is a picture of Jamie Watson:

Watson-225x300.jpg.7204c781452611891025d3bfdec8f949.jpg

Dave McKay is a centre half. He has recently been playing right back. This is not his normal position. Here is a picture of Dave McKay:

McKay-225x300.jpg.8f90b363df831a0ee31b39b93399131c.jpg

I hope this clears things up.

Oh my goodness, are you high? Jamie Watson is a right back. He played right back today. Here is a picture of Jamie Watson:

Dave McKay is a centre half. He has recently been playing right back. This is not his normal position. Here is a picture of Dave McKay:

Who’s this Fernard Mandy chap?

If you read RRFC first quote he states he is not a right back or a right sided defender .

For the folk moaning at me about a right back. Please read the first paragraph of this..... if he is barely a right back and the manager is wanting him to play there then surely questions should be asked if the manager.

Why on earth would Watson be playing right side of a back 3? He is barely a right back but he’s certainly not a centre half and never has been. Anyone calling for the managers head before the league even starts is off their head. Today was pretty embarrassing but will be quickly forgotten if we win our first few league games. I remember our first season in the championship under McGlynn last time we got played off the park by Stirling Albion and were 2-0 down at half time to East Fife in our 2 cup games before the season started. I’d have never believed we’d be top of the league in October or reached a Scottish Cup Semi Final that season if you’d told me at half time in Methil.

I don’t think anyone is giving McGlynn a free pass. It’s just important not to overreact. Win, lose or draw today it would have no real impact on our season. We have almost a whole new team, it will take time to gel.

However, I’d be surprised if anyone isn’t slightly concerned by the League Cup results. The last week seems a continuation from last season. Poor defeat away from home, followed by a dominant and confident win at home then turns to shit on the road again. Defensively it’s difficult to see much of an improvement. 

On paper we have a relatively kind start to the season. If we get off to a flyer the league cup campaign will be quickly forgotten but if we continue to leak goals and struggle away from home McGlynn will rightly come under pressure but it’s too soon just now.

Yes I know he does !!! It's not me who stated he can't play there it was RRFC. Fucking read the thread properly.