The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It’s pretty simple; so simple in fact I’ll answer it for you now. We have three players in the squad who can play right back. Whether or not you think those players are good enough is up to your own interpretation.

Well unless miller is injured today then imo the others are not good enough

You managed to work out which player it is you don’t think is good enough yet? 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It’s pretty simple; so simple in fact I’ll answer it for you now. We have three players in the squad who can play right back. Whether or not you think those players are good enough is up to your own interpretation.

Well unless miller is injured today then imo the others are not good enough

It's a fair question but how many managers would get the best part of a year to fix a defence fail and still get away with it.

Wasn't at the game today but on looking at that team who was playing at right back or was it a back 3. As looking at that team today Watson would be a right sided full back or the right side of a back 3???

What the f**k are you dribbling on about? The player you’ve just described is McKay. You originally said Watson. McKay didn’t even play today.

12 minutes ago, Levenmouth Rover said:

Another route into asking questions of the club could be an open meeting with the fans rep? Can’t remember any of the previous fans representatives offering this option. What’s the point of them otherwise.?

If you mean the fans rep on the board then I feel your waisting  your time.

Half time at the Peterhead game he spoke over the mike to promote the development fund his attention was fully on the south stand not once did he turn 180° to address the main stand where existing and potential members sit 

What other promoter worth their salt would ignore their potential market? 

It's not that he doesn't know where the main stand is especially the directors box 

Just now, Dunnikier said:

If you mean the fans rep on the board then I feel your waisting  your time.

Half time at the Peterhead game he spoke over the mike to promote the development fund his attention was fully on the south stand not once did he turn 180° to address the main stand where existing and potential members sit 

What other promoter worth their salt would ignore their potential market? 

It's not that he doesn't know where the main stand is especially the directors box 

Alec Condie was the only fans rep who actually did anything I'm just surprised Andy found his way out of the 200 club that's all he represents tbh.

10 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Has he scored against Championship opposition yet ?

We've not played against Championship opposition as of yet, got a fantastic assist against St Mirren, hat trick against Albion Rovers, blank against Edinburgh and a double today. What's been an unexpected surprise is his play off the ball. All of his goals coming as the lone striker aswell. 

I get them mixed up at times. But if he isn't good enough put him on loan for development elsewhere and bring in another player.

What the f**k are you dribbling on about? The player you’ve just described is McKay. You originally said Watson. McKay didn’t even play today.

32 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Wasn't at the game today but on looking at that team who was playing at right back or was it a back 3. As looking at that team today Watson would be a right sided full back or the right side of a back 3???

Why on earth would Watson be playing right side of a back 3? He is barely a right back but he’s certainly not a centre half and never has been.

Anyone calling for the managers head before the league even starts is off their head. Today was pretty embarrassing but will be quickly forgotten if we win our first few league games. I remember our first season in the championship under McGlynn last time we got played off the park by Stirling Albion and were 2-0 down at half time to East Fife in our 2 cup games before the season started. I’d have never believed we’d be top of the league in October or reached a Scottish Cup Semi Final that season if you’d told me at half time in Methil.

I don’t think anyone is giving McGlynn a free pass. It’s just important not to overreact. Win, lose or draw today it would have no real impact on our season. We have almost a whole new team, it will take time to gel.

However, I’d be surprised if anyone isn’t slightly concerned by the League Cup results. The last week seems a continuation from last season. Poor defeat away from home, followed by a dominant and confident win at home then turns to shit on the road again. Defensively it’s difficult to see much of an improvement. 

On paper we have a relatively kind start to the season. If we get off to a flyer the league cup campaign will be quickly forgotten but if we continue to leak goals and struggle away from home McGlynn will rightly come under pressure but it’s too soon just now.

I’ll be honest I think he has experimented slightly especially with this game being a dead runner so to speak. This result means zilch in the grand scheme of things regarding the league, we comprehensively beat Peterhead who are in our league and we were great but all of a sudden we are Sh@@e again  ! Why not reserve judgement on the team until after the first quarter of the season and if still poor by all means criticise Mcglynn and the team. Listened to the game on RaithTV and some of the clowns on the chat board are wanting to stop there contributions to the players fund in fact why not go and support another team think that will be a better idea. Personally I’ll wait to the games that matter the league

Its important not to over react but does anyone see an improvement in the side?

Same defensive weekeness thats been there for a season now and its not gona change in 7 days.

Play some good stuff at times but ultimately undone by being piss poor at the back and unable to win a contested header cleanly.

I’ll be honest I think he has experimented slightly especially with this game being a dead runner so to speak. This result means zilch in the grand scheme of things regarding the league, we comprehensively beat Peterhead who are in our league and we were great but all of a sudden we are Sh@@e again  ! Why not reserve judgement on the team until after the first quarter of the season and if still poor by all means criticise Mcglynn and the team. Listened to the game on RaithTV and some of the clowns on the chat board are wanting to stop there contributions to the players fund in fact why not go and support another team think that will be a better idea. Personally I’ll wait to the games that matter the league

That chat board is something else. Makes FanTalk look clever.

So he is barely a right back , I get that. Can't play, sorry why on earth would he play as a right side back 3 , and can't play as a centre half. So where the f**k does he play then?

Why on earth would Watson be playing right side of a back 3? He is barely a right back but he’s certainly not a centre half and never has been.
Anyone calling for the managers head before the league even starts is off their head. Today was pretty embarrassing but will be quickly forgotten if we win our first few league games. I remember our first season in the championship under McGlynn last time we got played off the park by Stirling Albion and were 2-0 down at half time to East Fife in our 2 cup games before the season started. I’d have never believed we’d be top of the league in October or reached a Scottish Cup Semi Final that season if you’d told me at half time in Methil.
I don’t think anyone is giving McGlynn a free pass. It’s just important not to overreact. Win, lose or draw today it would have no real impact on our season. We have almost a whole new team, it will take time to gel.
However, I’d be surprised if anyone isn’t slightly concerned by the League Cup results. The last week seems a continuation from last season. Poor defeat away from home, followed by a dominant and confident win at home then turns to shit on the road again. Defensively it’s difficult to see much of an improvement. 
On paper we have a relatively kind start to the season. If we get off to a flyer the league cup campaign will be quickly forgotten but if we continue to leak goals and struggle away from home McGlynn will rightly come under pressure but it’s too soon just now.