The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, greggyt1985 said:

Just go back to default and blame davo.

Wasnt him really. You can point at Watson not being anywhere near good enough. Certainly both CBs backed off far too much but our midfield 3 who've actually played well in the last three games really struggled to impose themselves on the game. Consequently we never managed to control the game. Humping the ball at Ando, Allan and Bowie was never going to work. Looked mildy better when Victoria came on and he's direct enough to cause problems but there waa very little in the way of linked up play, and very pedestrian pace all over the park.

Can’t wait for McGlynn’s interview to see what gets spun out.

Embarrassing. Gutless. Etc. Etc.

Aye we’re out it might be meaningless, but this is the last time to put on a performance before the season starts.

East Fife and Forfar doing it the right way.

Going to be a long grim season. Surely to f**k the management team can’t be happy with what we have.

4 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Aye we’re out it might be meaningless, but this is the last time to put on a performance before the season starts.

Going to be a long grim season. Surely to f**k the management team can’t be happy with what we have.

According to Mcglynn he's happy with that squad the interview will consist of Davie more or less answering the questions for him and no responsibility being taken from  Mcglynn for the defensive shambles. 

East Fife and Forfar both had something at stake today. We didn't. If we had fielded our weakest possible team today most of us wouldn't have complained.
We seem to be at a stage now where it feels like our support wants to over react.
'Going to be a long grim season' and we've not even played a league game yet.

The following needs to be asked to MCGlynn.

1- Were you going up to Cove to win this game or treat it as a training exercise for what he says is the real stuff happening next week?

2- If the second option then why play the best players in a nothing game?

3-Where was Miller today?

4- Do you finally admit Watson is no good at full back ?

5- when are we signing the strike that is going to score consistently.

6- Are we going to have to rely on a 16 year old and a striker that has scored a handfull of senior goals on his career?

7- Are you actually kidding us on that you are happy with the squad as is?

over to you Davie.

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

1- Were you going up to Cove to win this game or treat it as a training exercise for what he says is the real stuff happening next week?

6- Are we going to have to rely on a 16 year old and a striker that has scored a handfull of senior goals on his career?

over to you Davie.

There is no way in hell Davie will or be allowed to ask those questions but you would hope the board will but I very much doubt it.

over to you Davie.

Pretty stupid questions, tbh.

Check aw the old c***s buzzing we got beat so they can slate the manager. It’s fucking July.

Can't believe theres a few on this saying why panic its only a cup, simple fact we've been utterly pumped in 3 out of 4 games.

3-0

4-1

3-0 

The defensive woe's of last season haven't been rectified the in game tactics particularly today were awfull

Paying money to watch games like this is the reason so many have hit the panic button 

It was a nothing game and I didn’t waste my time going to see it, so while the scoreline is dreadful I don’t really care. If we start the league with some heavy defeats I’ll be less impressed.

We looked good against Peterhead but I thought we’d drop players today. When I saw the score I assumed Mendy was playing.

Pretty stupid questions, tbh.

Check aw the old c***s buzzing we got beat so they can slate the manager. It’s fucking July.

I can't grasp the idea that a grown man thinks asking the manager to admit his 3rd choice young full back isn't good enough is a good question.

We weren't awful all over the pitch, ww had some decent chances, probably should have scored at 1-0  and 2-0.

That said, Benedictus and Watson were miles out their depth, and the midfield three looked like they couldn't be arsed. 

McGlyn is under huge pressure about that defence, because it looks every ounce as absolutely shite as last season 

I know that but if I was one of those people looking to possibly buy a season ticket that would be at least what I would want to be addressed and answered, before I spent any money up front.

There is no way in hell Davie will or be allowed to ask those questions but you would hope the board will but I very much doubt it.

It's Hank Scorpio that's the only one happy with the team as it stands. That kind of says it all in itself.

Can't believe theres a few on this saying why panic its only a cup, simple fact we've been utterly pumped in 3 out of 4 games.
3-0
4-1
3-0 
The defensive woe's of last season haven't been rectified the in game tactics particularly today were awfull
Paying money to watch games like this is the reason so many have hit the panic button 

Much as I shudder at his managerial reign, what I’d give for us to sign another Grant Murray as a player. Quality CB, head and shoulders above what we have.......and can play right back if required!

Not being at game I can’t comment much but dead rubber or not, losing 3 scud to Cove Rangers minus their best couple of players isn’t good!